Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #381
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

IIRC looking for equipment works for getting weapons bought in villages, since you can't send Fremen to villages. If the same way doesn't work for palace, then weapons are probably not useful. Don't remember really. Still, finding armory may be important for progress in the game, like event starting something, not just taking weapons. Anyway, I doubt that some weapons in palace makes the difference to whether you can finish the game or not.

Awesome game, the first I managed to beat on my own first Pentium PC. It's been ages since I played it.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 19-08-2015, 11:37 PM   #382

Hi, I have no sound too. It is the CD Version. I run the game with D-Fend (Graphics for DosBox). I checked dosbox config and it´s Soundblaster. I extracted the Iso to a folder on HDD, but there ist no dune.bat and no comm.bat to edit.

Old 19-08-2015, 11:47 PM   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Hi, I have no sound too. It is the CD Version. I run the game with D-Fend (Graphics for DosBox). I checked dosbox config and it´s Soundblaster. I extracted the Iso to a folder on HDD, but there ist no dune.bat and no comm.bat to edit.
And I forgot. I Can´t run the install.exe. It says it is not compatibel (WIN7). Compability Mode doesn´t work either.

Old 20-08-2015, 12:24 AM   #384

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
And I forgot. I Can´t run the install.exe. It says it is not compatibel (WIN7). Compability Mode doesn´t work either.
I did a dune.bat now with the help of an installation assistent in D-Fend. Works with sound now!

Old 29-09-2016, 01:25 AM   #385
venom20100

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christoph View Post
HOW TO ACTIVATE SOUNDBLASTER!

Great Game.

for me the setup (install.exe) didnt work to change soundsettings, but i found
a way to activate the soundblaster (im sure you need dosbox anyway).
Just edit the dune.bat and write SDB just behind the 386... you can also set the language there. My dune.bat now looks like this:
@echo off
duneprg GER VGA EMS 386 SDB

you can also write ADL for adlib.. but who wants this, when soundblaster can do the work
Awesome. It worked for me with Windows 10 and dosbox. Thanks for the tip adding SDB!!!
venom20100 is offline                         Send a private message to venom20100
Old 15-06-2017, 10:46 PM   #386
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
I do not know if anyone posted about it, but among the walkthroughs about the Dune game, there is an “alternative end”. I do not remember in precise detail, because it is been years since I’ve played for the last time.

As soon as you order the Fremen to attack the last fortress of the Harkonnen, you summon the Sandworm to the besieged fortress. Wait until your Fremen elite forces (trained by the “baldie” - I forgot his name Guy something) conquer the fortress. Expect the Fremen to turn into a Fremen sietch.

After completing the transformation of the fortress, visit it. There, you will find the Emperor, Baron Harkonnen and his nephew (Sting! ). The surprise is that they will not be imprisoned and without all that dialogue that will end the game.

Another fact is that there are a few more not mentioned in the game. Before finishing the game, you can travel in the “holes” (gray empty spaces not known) of your domains using the “helicopter” (I hate the complicated terms Orni something) or Sandworm. It would be advisable to take someone with you, as they will automatically notice some unknown Fremen Sietch.
I found it interesting that both Gurney “Picard” and Duncan “Dunkin Donuts” “Anchor Hair” were born on the planet of the Harkonnen.

Who would have thought that the Harkonnen, by the brutality of their methods, lost two powerful soldiers to the Atreides. Not to mention that the two could fight on equal terms with Sardaukar and Fremen.

Even Duncan “Dunkin Donuts” “Anchor Hair” managed to eliminate 19 Sardaukar before being killed in combat!

Summoning Sandworm as a means of transportation is pretty cool.

I thought it funny when Paul Atreides stood in the mirror admiring how he moved his eyes, nose and lips...

Did Paul Atreides like to make faces before the mirror?

I wonder if he also made faces before the Fremen, Sardaukar and Harkonnen...

Did Chani fall in love with Paul Atreides’ faces when they met for the first time?

Last edited by Mystvan; 04-07-2017 at 01:54 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 13-01-2019, 07:00 PM   #387
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Unfortunately the Dune Spice Opera, of the phenomenal game Dune is not available on Spotify... Nor the BGM of Dune II... In the meantime, the Soundtrack of the Movie by Toto, in which the game was based, is still available.

As I enjoy both the Movie and the game, I still enjoy the Movie Soundtrack although I prefer Dune Spice Opera...
Old 27-03-2019, 06:40 PM   #388
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

I extracted texts from Wikia about the Saudaukar.

Quote:

They had a distinct combat style, which allowed them to be recognised easily.

When in close-quarter, hand-to-hand combat, if they found themselves surrounded they would group into threes and adopt a fighting stance with their backs to each other.

During the Harkonnen attack on planet Arrakis when it was under the control of House Atreides, Sardaukar troops were provided by Emperor Shaddam IV to assist the Harkonnens. Even though the Sardaukar forces were disguised in Harkonnen livery, the Atreides managed to recognize the Sardaukar by their combat style.

Source: Wikia
Their fighting style demonstrates that they trusted their respective rearguard “unguarded” or the “blind spot” to each other of the group.