Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2012, 02:25 AM   #1
verek_22
Licenced misery wizard

Default Rise of the Triad Remake Trailer

A company called Interceptor Entertainment are developing a remake of Rise of the Triad, an FPS published by Apogee in 1995. A trailer of this remake was shown at QuakeCon.

Here's a video of the original Rise of the Triad, if you want to compare them.

Rise of the Triad was one of my favourite games back in the mid-90s. My family didn't really have the money for top-end computers, so I spent a lot of time playing RoTT while everybody else was playing Quake. So hearing about a remake is pretty darn exciting to me. I really hope it turns out well.

Below are a list of promised features, stolen from an article over at Rock Paper Shotgun:

Quote:
– Step into the shoes of the H.U.N.T. (High-Risk United Nations Taskforce) with five unique characters, each with different play styles.
- Blast through over 20 of levels of explosive single-player action.
- Unique multiplayer maps bring back all the fun and excitement of classic ROTT.
- The full arsenal of over-the top weapons is back, including the Flamewall, Firebomb, Split Missile, Drunk Missile and, of course, the Excalibat!
- The maniacal modes return, too, with God mode, Elasto mode, Mercury mode, Shrooms mode and everyone’s favorite, Dog mode!
- Build your own levels, mods and share them with Valve’s Steamworks.
- Offline single-player and multiplayer allows for instant action.
- Find tons of secrets, collectables, special events and hidden areas to explore.
- Get more than 100 achievements to add to your score, which is tracked on our worldwide leaderboard and stat-tracking system.
- ROTT is bloodier and more ludicrous than ever, with full character and enemy dismemberment.
- The iconic original soundtrack has been completely re-forged in the fires of heavy metal!
- Nostalgia abounds with the option to play with all the original sounds and music.
- Built on fully-licensed Unreal Engine 3 technology, ROTT will run on low-end PCs and push high-end PCs to their limits!
Here's a link to the trailer.

And a link to the RPS article for more information.

DOG MODE.
verek_22 is offline                         Send a private message to verek_22