Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-01-2006, 08:28 AM   #1
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

I have Sony DSC-P93 and it can make quite good MPEG movies. Now i am wondering can i do movies in suck a way that i attach the camera to PC (via S video graphic card) and then record it there?

Also which recorder should i use? Are there any good ones (worth mentioning) that are freeware?

I tried to record on my computer picture from TV, but for some unknown reason i got only good B&W picture. So i was thinking i could try to do it from camera and see if i get movie in colours. But i wan't to use some other recorder.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 16-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

To my knowledge, you cannot feed the video signal directly to the computer. What you can do is getting a large memory card and recording the video there, THEN upload it onto your PC.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-01-2006, 06:47 AM   #3
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

that i already know. i have 512MB card which is enough for about 11-12 minutes of video.
ugh i guess i will have to do some of my own research. i just thought that since you can project photos directly form camera on TV that mayb ethere is possibility to also "project" the film to computer and at same time record it.
Old 17-01-2006, 06:57 AM   #4
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by gregor@Jan 16 2006, 07:28 PM
I have Sony DSC-P93 and it can make quite good MPEG movies. Now i am wondering can i do movies in suck a way that i attach the camera to PC (via S video graphic card) and then record it there?

Also which recorder should i use? Are there any good ones (worth mentioning) that are freeware?

I tried to record on my computer picture from TV, but for some unknown reason i got only good B&W picture. So i was thinking i could try to do it from camera and see if i get movie in colours. But i wan't to use some other recorder.
Sony Cameras aren't that good because they give some wierd sony-PC cord instead of Camera USB-PC
Old 17-01-2006, 07:10 AM   #5
swiss
who's not Swiss

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin Threadbare+Jan 17 2006, 08:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bobbin Threadbare @ Jan 17 2006, 08:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gregor@Jan 16 2006, 07:28 PM

Sony Cameras aren't that good because they give some wierd sony-PC cord instead of Camera USB-PC [/b][/quote]
yepp but on that weir cord is a Cinch video/audio aswell ...

so when you have a TV card (capturing whatever) with a S-Video input you can directly record from camera without being limited to the "small" 512Megs.

Normally there is a recording software included in those capture card things ...
swiss is offline                         Send a private message to swiss
Old 18-01-2006, 08:56 AM   #6
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

mmmkey. i dont' have any strange looking attachments. normal USB-PC and also S-video.

Hmm... will try too look for recording software on the included CD. I know there is some picture viewer, but i never saw recorder. i have to check it out again.
Old 25-01-2006, 03:46 AM   #7
STFM
Abandonia nerd

you need a video capture card in your PC
STFM is offline                         Send a private message to STFM
Old 25-01-2006, 04:36 AM   #8
Lucullus
Super Freak

There are some digital cameras who can function as webcams as well... those you can use to record movies on your pc as it will do just like webcams and receives its feed that way.
Not sure about the Sony tho and have not got the biggest experience with Digital Cams... not really into them
Lucullus is offline                         Send a private message to Lucullus