Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-06-2005, 09:29 PM   #11

Is there any way to play this game under XP, without dosbox? I'm trying to play The Even More Incredible Machine (I know there's a seperate review for this game, but people'll probably look here more, and it's almost the same game anyway...), but the graphics are all messed up. When I say messed up, I mean, some objects display correctly, while others are just black outlines (no, not siluettes, just outlines) and some objects are even invisible (like balloons). In fact, the game menu is completely black, so I can't see anything but the puzzle window. I have enabled compatibility mode for this program, and I have it running in 256 colors. Does anyone else have these problems? Do I absolutely HAVE to use dosbox? Thanks for help.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:39 PM   #12

Forgot to mention that I have the windows version of TEMIM. SierraOriginals version. Well, that's what it says on the CD.

Old 06-06-2005, 08:02 PM   #13

Hmm... it would seem that whatever graphics that use transparency are not drawn correctly and suffer from it looking like just a black outline. I don't know if there's any way to fix this specific problem in XP.

Old 10-08-2005, 08:27 PM   #14
swiss
who's not Swiss

I love this game and I really wonder if they made "The even more more incredible machines" (= part 3) nowadays if anyone would buy it ?
I fear all the ppl are so terribly fascinated by games like GTA or NFS or HL2 that they don't want to use their brains anymore - they take graphics and brutality instead ...

That's quite sad ... somehow ...
swiss is offline                         Send a private message to swiss
Old 11-10-2005, 11:52 PM   #15
LCP

cool i jst got it and i am well he he getting ever with cats

Old 09-11-2005, 02:02 PM   #16

Right Mouse click on the game executable file and on the next tab, chcnage to "Compatability Mode = Windows 2000" and you should be fine.

Old 27-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #17
Maramil
Forum hobbit

I played this game alot but i also remember a sort-like game with this blue cat with a big red nose and a small yellow mouse. In the game you could use the cat and the mouse when a ball hit them. Does anyone know the name of this game?
Maramil is offline                         Send a private message to Maramil
Old 22-10-2006, 04:24 PM   #18
buzzboy

I just got myself an old laptop with DOS 6.22. Of course I had to find myself a good dos game. This was the first thing I found. I have been looking around for a while and I was wondering where I could possibly find a manual to download or maybe the controls. I don't know how to play the game and it is causing me anger. All help will be appreaciated.
buzzboy is offline                         Send a private message to buzzboy
Old 23-10-2006, 11:26 AM   #19
buzzboy

Another thing I just noticed. The actual game doesn't take up the bottom ~inch~ of my screen and the top of the image repeats itself there. Why is this. Can anyone help. me. please
buzzboy is offline                         Send a private message to buzzboy
Old 23-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #20
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Another thing I just noticed. The actual game doesn't take up the bottom ~inch~ of my screen and the top of the image repeats itself there. Why is this. Can anyone help. me. please[/b]
Sounds like it's using 320x200 resolution.
If you were running DosBox, I'd tell you to set aspect=true in dosbox.conf.
As it is... can't help with that.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman