Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-07-2005, 04:18 PM   #11
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

What does this game entail?

Is it an RPG/Strategy/Shooter?
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 15-07-2005, 04:38 PM   #12
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

FPP RPG.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-07-2005, 11:39 PM   #13
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Hehe, it's a wonderful game. I hope something good comes of this *cough loading it here cough*
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 16-07-2005, 03:12 PM   #14
bjbrains2002
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
The game's author, Phillip Price, maintained a website until recently. I know he okayed the DOS version for download,
The list is wrong because if the author said it was okay to download it then it counts as freeware.
bjbrains2002 is offline                         Send a private message to bjbrains2002
Old 16-07-2005, 06:19 PM   #15
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

You certianly enjoy telling people they are wrong don't you? That's the second time you've corrected the big brains behind this site about what's abandonware and whats freeware.

Naughty.
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 18-07-2005, 01:24 PM   #16
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

MrBackAlleySka, you can contact Kosta to review the game at any point now. Hope you enjoy it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-07-2005, 01:45 PM   #17
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

I'll try my hardest! Im busy, but im certian i'll be able to get around to reviewing it. Heh, this'll be my second review. Also did a review fort Crescent Hawks Revengs, but I havent seen that uploaded for a while. No worries though!
Old 18-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #18
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

CHR probably didn't get through because of the ESA lockdown. Ask Kosta about this.

BTW, I saw your review on the server a while back and had a read. Good job.

-- Reed Richards
Old 18-07-2005, 02:40 PM   #19
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Hehe thanks. I figured ESA may have given it the boot. But it's alright heh. Reviewing games is a free enterprise. Costs nothing to do them, make them, or lose them!
Old 19-07-2005, 01:01 PM   #20
eobet

Send a message via MSN to eobet

Hello!

I'm the admin of The Original Alternate Reality Homepage and creator of the Alternate Reality FAQ and I have been in contact with Philip Price a few times over the years.

Neither The City or The Dungeon is abandonware or public domain, but they are free to download and distribute. Philip Price's official stance is (quote) "do what you have to do " (end quote).

If you want, I could write a review for the PC version of The City (which incidentally is absolutely the worst version of the game, because it actually contains emulated code of the Atari ST port since the coder for the PC version couldn't figure out how the game worked).

EDIT:

Oops, I just saw this:

Quote:
By submitting reviews, these reviews become the property of Abanondia.com and you can no longer claim title to them
Sorry, but then I will have to retract my offer.
eobet is offline                         Send a private message to eobet