Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-02-2014, 05:54 AM   #1
pancirno

Default pancirno - Przeklęta Ziemia

I have an old really abandoned game - to the point there's no files of it anywhere on the internet and only few sites acknowledge it's existence. It's publisher seems to not acknowledge it at all, like with all games they made before moving into educational market.

I have bought it and ripped it, ready to play. Image file is about 200 mb packed in 7z, it's in bin/cue since it contains music tracks (the game won't run without the full image).

It's polish language only, but i'd really like to place it on an abandonware site so it won't get lost ever again

Last edited by pancirno; 05-02-2014 at 06:03 AM.
pancirno is offline                         Send a private message to pancirno
Old 05-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Sounds interesting.

However, please post more details about the game: year, publisher, developer, some link to the info you managed to find etc.

Also, you said you ripped it. How big is the rip? CD image is fine for ICO Cellar, upload it on some sharing site (like 4shared for instance) and provide us with the link.

Can you by some chance make few screenshots and write a review of the game?

Welcome and thx for offer
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 05-02-2014, 11:57 AM   #3
pancirno

The year is hard to tell. Like i said, there's few to none info available on the internet. Two reliable sites (MobyGames, gry.glidia.pl) state that it was first released in 1998, but both ingame and print on disk state the 1999 year. Might be a reprint with an update or something.

The game was made and published by LK Avalon. More revelant info and screenshots made by some jerk who didn't put the game on internet: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/pr...a/release-info

Ripped disk is ~400 mb (200 mb zipped), and i have it on mega.co.nz so i can put the link in ICO Cellar.

I could write a review and make screenshots, but English isn't my first language. I could write review for the Polish language version but i don't think i could write the good one in english
Old 05-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #4
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Write both then I'll help you fixing the Englihs one.
You confused me with "ripped" word, since we use it to call a game that can work without CD, and usually without music and videos for size reduction (it was often back in the days) so the game would be like 20-30 MBs and playable. I suppose you created CD image.

We can put the link in ICO Cellar as soon as the game is approved. I created the request here.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 05-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #5
pancirno

yeah, i made a cd image. the game actually works on a cd and only copies saves and configuration program to the hard drive. the music tracks must be present or else the game craps out, so you can't really rip it without cracking.

i'll get around writing reviews tomorrow
Old 05-02-2014, 05:49 PM   #6
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Be aware that good screenshots are more important. If you have save games then you can probably make several good screenshots throughout the game. Also, don't forget one screenshot of title screen.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:58 PM   #7
pancirno

Ok have some screenshots and CD image

http://imgur.com/a/9RUhV#0

https://mega.co.nz/#!C84hSDiD!8nTEvd...r4F3fJtuBkuUDo

i hope the game will work for you guys
Old 07-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #8
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Neat. If you get to finish review, please let us know.