Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-06-2006, 07:57 PM   #21
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jun 13 2006, 05:57 PM) [snapback]236509[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
System Restore is dangerous. It can delete your files and ape up the directory structure to the way it was on the point of restore - on ALL drives.
[/b]
you are realy the only person i know who had the problem=P
i use it since i have winXP and it worked ok
Old 17-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #22
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

O.K. I throughoutly checked my Pc's problem (I tried RAM swapping).
1) Left open the PC with only 2x256mb sticks (the old ones). Flawless.
2) Left open the PC with only 1x512mb stick (the new one). Flawless.
3) Added one old 256mb stick to that. Flawless.
4) Added another 256mb stick to that. Flawless.
5) Restarted again with a closed PC. Same MF+ probs.
6) Restarted with configuration same as #4, except I closed the PC this time. Flawless.

See a pattern? Everything resolved when the PC's cage is left open.
Could this be an overheating problem? Cause each error had ended up in my PC having temperature ranging to 100 degrees Celsius.
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 18-06-2006, 04:37 AM   #23
Lucullus
Super Freak

It could be that maybe you have a heating issue, but the reason for the IRQ error msg is probably because some hardware (usually graphics card or sound card) shuts down. But hey... add another fan to your case and you should be all right then
When it comes down to it I think it's hard to come with a solution unless you can sit with it yourself and slowly work your way towards the solution... I do hope it gets to work for you or else you are... well screwed?
Lucullus is offline                         Send a private message to Lucullus
Old 18-06-2006, 08:54 AM   #24
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lucullus @ Jun 18 2006, 07:37 AM) [snapback]237451[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It could be that maybe you have a heating issue, but the reason for the IRQ error msg is probably because some hardware (usually graphics card or sound card) shuts down. But hey... add another fan to your case and you should be all right then
When it comes down to it I think it's hard to come with a solution unless you can sit with it yourself and slowly work your way towards the solution... I do hope it gets to work for you or else you are... well screwed?
[/b]
As for the Video card, I had an error before that "Stop: 0x000000EA" Thread Stuck In Device Driver.
This is caused by a videocard shutting it self off, while the PC is running. Doesn't make sense to me why it's "Stuck In Device Driver", cause the hardware is causing this - not the driver. Microsoft idiots <_< .
Eitherway, I think I recovered my PC's health, but stay "tooned" for more errors, same Troop PC, same Troop Thread. LOL
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 19-06-2006, 02:22 PM   #25
Lucullus
Super Freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(troop18546 @ Jun 18 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]237484[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
As for the Video card, I had an error before that "Stop: 0x000000EA" Thread Stuck In Device Driver.
This is caused by a videocard shutting it self off, while the PC is running. Doesn't make sense to me why it's "Stuck In Device Driver", cause the hardware is causing this - not the driver. Microsoft idiots <_< .
Eitherway, I think I recovered my PC's health, but stay "tooned" for more errors, same Troop PC, same Troop Thread. LOL
[/b]
LOL... well maybe you should get one of those cryogenic cooled cabinets that can endure extreme heat... which should keep you from overheating
Old 19-06-2006, 02:24 PM   #26
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lucullus @ Jun 19 2006, 05:22 PM) [snapback]237808[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(troop18546 @ Jun 18 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]237484[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
LOL... well maybe you should get one of those cryogenic cooled cabinets that can endure extreme heat... which should keep you from overheating
[/b][/quote]

You mean they make COLD PC's? I'll have to try that sometime.
Old 19-06-2006, 02:30 PM   #27
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

why not leaving your case opened (like i do )? it doesn't make so much harm..
Old 19-06-2006, 02:36 PM   #28
Lucullus
Super Freak

I only see one problem with leaving case open... DUST!!... and everywhere and not to mention bloody cats getting in there LOL
Old 19-06-2006, 02:37 PM   #29
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Jun 19 2006, 05:30 PM) [snapback]237813[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
why not leaving your case opened (like i do )? it doesn't make so much harm..
[/b]
Not that I mind man, but I've stated this 5 times already "I DID leave the case open".
It works.
Old 19-06-2006, 02:39 PM   #30
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

belive me, covering case with shelter(or whatever is it called=P) still doesn't prevent dust from getting there.
you can always use use wire fence for cat
edit: i wanted to psot right after lucullus

btw, during hot summer days even opened case doesn't help. then i have an advice, hehe, putting fan in front of case helped me ><