Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-05-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
U-Boat Commander David
Abandonia nerd

Thumbs up

A Question: Do any of you ever got far into the game "Conflict: Middle East Political Simulator"?
I always loose wars, or get nuked after a few months! :wallbash:

Do someone Has a few tips for me?

U-Boat Commander David is offline                         Send a private message to U-Boat Commander David
Old 28-05-2006, 10:22 PM   #2
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(U-Boat Commander David @ May 28 2006, 08:00 PM) [snapback]232822[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
A Question: Do any of you ever got far into the game "Conflict: Middle East Political Simulator"?
I always loose wars, or get nuked after a few months! :wallbash:

Do someone Has a few tips for me?
[/b]

I am an expert. What do you want to know?

EDIT: a couple of general tips, but it would be much easier to answer in specific questions.
Egypt is your main enemy in terms of numbers. If you see at first (B or shift+B depending on the version of the game) that month by month your relationship with Egypt is getting worse, try to get better relationship with Libya as soon as possible. If Egypt sees that you manage to have very good relationships, it might delay any declaration of war.
Lebanon and Jordan can be easily dealt with as far as you are not already at war vs Syria or Egypt.
Since there is only one way to win the game (all your neighbours to be neutralised one way or another) if you find a good opportunity to destroy one, do it, but, not if you are already going to a war with another country soon.
One cheap way to deal with other countries is to see if they are going into war. One of the best tactics to deal with Syria for example is to see if it is ready to go to war with anyone else, hopefuly Iraq. If they are, then quickly place troops in your common borders so that they are forced to place troops tehre too. That way even if you decide to no attack, you are forcing them to have fewer troops in their border with the other country. That way, if you can afford to do it, you can increase your troop levels to much superior numbers and quickly invade and kill them while they are fighting on another front. Still, be careful to time your diplomatic actions or else you might not be able to attack soon enough. Still, if either of the other sides already has nukes, your first priority is to destroy their facilities BEFORE they start nuclear explosion tests. If that happens, you better focus on your plan C, which is the destabilization of the enemy from the inside with supporting insurgents.

In terms of equipment, always get an early warning system as soon as possible in the game. It will save your behind. Do not underestimate the power of the light tanks. For a major war you will need at a minimum about 1000 of them. Also, try to purchase equipment at large numbers and not a few at a time. Better (if there is not urgency) to buy them once a year, right after the aid from the USA.
If you have plenty of units for your military ) 500+ AAA, 250+ Aircraft, 2500+ MBTs, 1000+ Light tanks, 200+ Helis and at least 7 infantry brigades, try to keep your money IF you know you are very soon going to war (less than 6 months). Then the turn before the fighting starts, buy mainly MBTs followed by planes and helis, in large quantities. That way when you will need to reinforce the front with everything you got, you will achieve a very strong surprise punch to the enemy.
Try to buy from the private dealer from time to time, and try to achieve good relations with him so in case of an embargo you are not stuck with buying just MBTs from him.

Do not forget to have strategic bombers. At least 15 is a good number. Apart from the direct military damage, they can save you in other cases...

Develop nukes.

Get rid of the Palestinian problem as soon as possible. Other countries WILL fund and influence the Palestinians to cause you trouble, which can be from minor disturbances, to having to deploy part of your army, to even throwing your govermnet down. If you get rid of the problem by agreeing as soon as possible to a palestinian homeland, much of the internal problems are a no problem for you for a long time. But not for ever... That is the easy way to deal with it of course, you can try to keep the land, and the problem, but be careful, it might not be very easy.

Anyway, I know the game a lot, almost as much as I know Colonial Conquest (my favourite game of all time), so if you want to know anything about i, just ask me.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 29-05-2006, 12:05 AM   #3
Elon Yariv
Abandonia nerd

Angry

I once played this game too but after a short time I stopped. I never won without using a nuke. It was either the poeple that a month before I was about to win the battle against the last country around me the people started to be afraid and decided to throw me off. I once had 5 times more units and arms and my enemy beat me... rather erritating, never understood what actually determines if you win or lose a battle.
Elon Yariv is offline                         Send a private message to Elon Yariv
Old 29-05-2006, 12:13 AM   #4
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elon Yariv @ May 29 2006, 12:05 AM) [snapback]232859[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I once played this game too but after a short time I stopped. I never won without using a nuke. It was either the poeple that a month before I was about to win the battle against the last country around me the people started to be afraid and decided to throw me off. I once had 5 times more units and arms and my enemy beat me... rather erritating, never understood what actually determines if you win or lose a battle.
[/b]

I almost never use a nuke. It is always the last resort if I am at war with say Syria and Egypt while losing both fronts. It is very risky to use nukes.

For the people deciding to throw you out of office is normal. As I said earlier, funding by other countries can do this to you, especially if you are not doing that great...
Just having more units doesn't mean you are going to win a war. Though I have to admit I am surprised that you lost if you actualy had 5 times as much. Can you please give the details of the specific war?
As a rule of thumb, if you have only one brigade when a major country invade you, and you decide to put everything next turn, they might not arrive on time, thus you might lose, so, don't do this. It is better to have your army in place long before the actual battle begins.

The best (against major countries again) tactic is to have about 40% of your forces in the borders, slowly though. One brigade at a time, and hopefuly the enemy will not detect everything, and thus have only one or two brigades at most. Then with a surprise attack, and mass reinforcements next month, you can sometimes wins quickly (2-3 turns). Of course if your intelligence is wrong, and they have far more, you are screwed.

efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 29-05-2006, 09:42 PM   #5
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Sometime the next 24 hours I will be without internet connection for weeks or even months. Are you sure you don't have any more questions to ask me now?
Old 31-05-2006, 07:45 PM   #6
U-Boat Commander David
Abandonia nerd

Damnit, i came too late!

Anyway, i still need a "Manual" for that game, or maybe a "Keylist" or something.

I will maybe post questions later if you come back.

U-Boat Commander David is offline                         Send a private message to U-Boat Commander David
Old 01-06-2006, 02:29 PM   #7
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

if that's the same game then the HOTU has the manual.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 02-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #8
U-Boat Commander David
Abandonia nerd

Yeah, thanks. I just found out that i already downloaded the Manual and i just forgot it, but thanks anyway! k:

Old 12-06-2006, 01:39 AM   #9
HeadOfState

I've just started programming a new version of ConfMEPS. But as I said, I've just started, so don't expect too much: http://www.senygaard.com/index.php?page=./...onflict_net.php
HeadOfState is offline                         Send a private message to HeadOfState
Old 19-06-2006, 10:53 AM   #10
U-Boat Commander David
Abandonia nerd

Thanks Very Much! k:

That are remakes we need!