Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #11
Saccade
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchsen View Post
He wants a local competition.
I'm such a doofus... I thought from russ' question he meant local as in over school network, not a lan-party.
If that's the case, I reckon it would still be as good - in fact, it could be better as there's less people and so more of a personal feel to 4-8 than a brief glance at 32-64.

I guess my hinting didn't work, though (mind, looking at a few other threads, seems more and more i am invisible), so here is the frank request, v1.0:

It'd be good for people to post scores for some games so there is another element of interaction and it'd be good filler as well as a bit of fun.
One game that you could play that is pretty easy to pick up, is pauseable and doesn't take so long to play (meaning you could probably get away with it at school, especially due to the amount of learning content in the game. The manual has loads of cool stuff about ants in it. I haven't seen a good manual like that in a new game for ages [btw, the manual is at replacementdocs]) is SimAnt
Frogger is an exceptionally awesome game, though. It gets so stressful after such a short space of time :/

Whatever games you choose to take up would be really good is if, when you have the school competition, you put some photos up somewhere and wrote a little about it - including the high scores and stuff.
Things like that sitting around in the forums will make it easier for whomever picks up the ab-*** project to get relevant content in order to fill things out a bit.
Since these kinds of thing [school-sized lan games/video games competition] don't happen all the time and they're good fun - and social, which is something lacking from the skill-set of a lot of kids at school who are on the internet - they should be encouraged by giving them the recognition and coverage they deserve.

I originally asked Arete to see if she would organise and collect some mini-top score things and some poll results in the forums, to convert into several interesting data display engines, but we didn't get very far with that one.

Not asking for a continued run of input, Pole-cat - just one event that you're trying to get going. Figure it will also give you a shove to get everything off the ground and enjoy your youth before it drips away and leaves you ravaged by time and embittered towards the life that you have been forced to lead.

So... Would you take photos and screenshots of gameplay / scores and write a little bit about how it all went..? I'd be interested to read it and i'm sure that other people would be interested in it if it was here to read
But, more importantly than all the pointless drivel:
Here's my score to aim for and smash at SimAnt (quick game)

I wish I was back at school and going to a LAN party to play Doom...
Instead I have to goto the theatre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pole-cat View Post
What about fun arcade vs-vs player games?
Bubble Bobble has a 2player mode that you can make Vs with a bit of imagination.
However, if you want a Vs-Vs match, try 3player Rampage!. for which you will need a games controller to play 3player :/

Last edited by Saccade; 19-03-2010 at 12:54 AM. Reason: my boomerang won't come back
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade