Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-07-2005, 01:40 AM   #31
punch999
The true Shadow President

Um i believe some of the non active actives would be deleted then. like Romano and a couple others would have their accounts deleted. Is he unactive. I DONT THINK SO!

So i think that is a idea better left untouched
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 15-07-2005, 01:53 AM   #32
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Quote:
You must have at least 100 posts (fair enough? maybe 50 posts)
If I'm not a member, I can't get my posts counted (or can I?), so how would I be able to post at least 100 posts if I am not a member?

Quote:
You must have written at least one review (optional qualification, maybe too harsh)
This will definitely kick me out of membership since I haven't written any reviews whatsoever.

Quote:
Or maybe you are not allowed to download free games until you get 50 posts. If you are a guest, you get them for free, but if you choose membership, you have to show that you are serious by working to get 50 posts.
Honestly I'd rather be a guest then. After all guests can still post in a few sections of the forum. I'd rarely (almost never infact) post in those sections hidden only to members anyway.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 15-07-2005, 02:01 AM   #33
Shifter
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to Shifter

I've been coming here for quite awhile..but just recently started posting a bit. Anyways..despite that..I don't see the point of removing inactive members. It doesn't slow the server down..it doesn't cause any harm at all really. So I don't see the point..and as others have said..possibility of removing "lurkers" is not worth the risk. They're members too..and though they may not post..they still are members.

Old 15-07-2005, 02:17 AM   #34
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

I'm not even going to reply to Rabadi's post. If you have eyes, then you know the answer to that question.
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 15-07-2005, 02:24 AM   #35
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

I only pointed out that if I am not a member, I may not get my posts counted to 100. So, if I cannot get at least 100 posts, how can I become a member? :P
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 15-07-2005, 06:54 AM   #36
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu
Thumbs down

Do not turn this into a flame war!
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 15-07-2005, 11:32 AM   #37
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You seem to be misunderstanding my point, guys. I have nothing against lurkers. They log in every once in a while and skim the board. Now, there are accounts which their owners just left to rot. Since the board can register the last time the user visited, it is pretty easy to identify accounts inactive for over 6 months and remove them.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-07-2005, 03:39 PM   #38
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

I have to spell it out for Rabadi: If you choose to register for membership, than to keep that membership you must get at least 100 posts. If you have 73 posts and say, you don't post in 6 months, admins delete your account.

I mean come on, how can you be on vacation for 6 months? :bleh:
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 15-07-2005, 03:44 PM   #39
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Indignus IV@Jul 15 2005, 04:39 PM
I have to spell it out for Rabadi: If you choose to register for membership, than to keep that membership you must get at least 100 posts. If you have 73 posts and say, you don't post in 6 months, admins delete your account.

Tom almost was, whne he went to Spain. Than he found that he could indeed get internet in Spain and was only away for about a day.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 15-07-2005, 04:46 PM   #40
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

Quote:
Originally posted by Indignus IV@Jul 15 2005, 04:39 PM

well, i'm a member for more than 6 months and i still don' t have 50 posts, so, i' m probably "out"

I agree only with in the question of deleting accounts "inactive" - this means: account created, member logged for the first time, member logged out and never returned. in all other cases, mantain the account.
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek