Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-08-2006, 07:36 AM   #1
The Searcher

I was browsing through your site and I must say you have many great games and some really bad ones, but I guess that's only natural, one man's bad game is another man's trip down the memory lane.

Unfortunately I saw quite a few games are either sold or ESA protected. I actually think it's a good idea to review games that can not be downloaded, because then this is more of a online game museum then just a download site. But you could sort these games differently. I saw there is a search option availability and I used it. It sorted most of the games that are still for sale or protected at the end of the list, but not all of them. I think your search engine might need some updating.

While on the subject I'd also like to suggest yet another option for the search by reviewer. I found that quite a few games I liked, although not really all that similar, were usually done by the same reviewer (like some the old Sierra titles).

Best wishes, The Searcher

p.s.
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but there are only two places on your forum where a person doesn't have to register in order to post and I'm already active on many other forums, so I don't want to join another one, and this remark deffinetly didn't fit in the game discusion forum.

Old 09-08-2006, 11:24 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The search engine is up for some major refit soon.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-08-2006, 04:10 PM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Moved since this really have nothing to do with troubleshooting.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:32 AM   #4
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

True, but now the TS won't be able to respond again Still, it's a good idea, but one that's allready brought up earlier and is bound to be implemented in a new version of AB!
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 10-08-2006, 08:50 AM   #5
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reup @ Aug 10 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]247712[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
one that's allready brought up earlier and is bound to be implemented in a new version of AB!
[/b]
Another one? But I'm still getting used to this one...
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 10-08-2006, 12:06 PM   #6
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Not of the forum, but of the main site. The two are separate things, you know.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-08-2006, 01:21 PM   #7
uk_john2005
Forum hobbit

If you don't even register, I think it's a bit of a cheek to say something on the site need improving! If someone doesn't register, how does anybody know if he just did the above message and never comes back again?
uk_john2005 is offline                         Send a private message to uk_john2005