Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-10-2006, 03:34 PM   #1
HappyGamer
Abandonia nerd

I hope this is ok to talk about here. I have wanted to download a decent emulator for this system for awhile and instead of downloading the heap of junk that show up with google searches. I thought I would as those who have gone before me. I know there is couple emulators for the Amiga that cost a ton of money. Some $60 or more. Also if possible to know good sites to get the games for system as well. :thanx:
HappyGamer is offline                         Send a private message to HappyGamer
Old 03-10-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I've heard WinUAE is a good one.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #3
Krustacean
Forum hobbit

I think I used Winfellow. Heres a guide for a500 setup.
Krustacean is offline                         Send a private message to Krustacean
Old 03-10-2006, 04:22 PM   #4
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

WinUAE was the best for me. Problem with all those emulators is that you need a kickstart rom. Without them you won't get them runnig. And those are owned by Cloanto. AmigaForever does cost around 60€ I think. And with this package you get the kickstart roms. Either that or you own an amiga. You can then extract the rom to your pc legally without paying such a huge amount...
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 04-10-2006, 03:34 PM   #5
HappyGamer
Abandonia nerd

:thanx: all. I think I downloaded the WinUAE and could not get it to work. It is good to know about the kickstart rom. I assuming that is like a bios image for the emulator.
HappyGamer is offline                         Send a private message to HappyGamer
Old 04-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #6
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

That is exactly what it is.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-10-2006, 07:00 AM   #7
HappyGamer
Abandonia nerd

Ok. I have gotten the Win UAE to run disks. I just had question about how to use games that take advantage of the hard drive. I downloaded a game for I do not know for the life of me how to make the emulator use it. :thanx:
Old 07-10-2006, 12:18 AM   #8
faralar
Abandonia nerd

there are amiga site dedicated to this kind of troubleshooting...you should probably check with them since this is (mostly) a pc site...
faralar is offline                         Send a private message to faralar