Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-08-2004, 04:54 AM   #1
Chef Boyardee
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to Chef Boyardee
Default Introducing Myself =P

Well, I know I've been around for a few days, and I know I also said I probably wouldn't stick around too long but I really like it here, there people here are great and I just like the atmosphere, so if you don't mind I'll be staying a while. =P

Well, a little about me. I guess you can already gather that I really like old games, especially RPGs like the Realms of Arkania series and Betrayal at Krondor. I don't really like console games too much, but I guess they're fun. If you couldn't tell, I'm American (I guess that makes me a minority on this site =P). Politically, I suppose I'm a moderate. I tend to see the light of both sides of the political spectrum, although I tremendously disagree with our nation's recent actions.

I also really like power metal, I guess you can say I'm a metal head. I like European power metal the best, American, for the most part just doesn't have the harmony that European, particularly Scandinavian and German, music does. I try to compose my own music but it just doesn't turn out too well. I try to make my own games but they generally turn out really bad, but hey, it can be fun.

Anyway, glad to be a part of the community, I'd be more than happy to do any reviews or help in any way possible. If you want to hear my hideous music, check out http://chef.blade2k.net. Thanks, and see you all later!
Chef Boyardee is offline                         Send a private message to Chef Boyardee
Old 22-08-2004, 06:22 AM   #2
FreeFreddy

Well, the music isn't that bad at all, but I guess you need better equipment / instruments and a little more practice with the music
Some of the songs (I heard only the .mp3's) main sounding belongs in other genres they're in, like Keepin' it Toaster could be good Techno or progressive, fast 80's Pop (or like that, not that I have big knowledge of the genres :wink: ), or God Safe Rufus, they both need heavy drum-basses, and many of them :wink:
New.mp3 sounds even very good, but it needs more background accompanying music, so it should sound more heavy, it's little too light yet. I hope I gave you the idea

Old 22-08-2004, 06:29 AM   #3
Chef Boyardee
Game freak

Oh, that stuff is all really old and really bad. When I say just bad, I mean my newer stuff and my MIDIs. Yeah, the ones you mentioned were my very first attempts at anything with the program Fruity Loops, so they're really bad. I'd like to consider myself a lot better at it now but even still I'm kind of bad.

Anyway, glad to be a part of the community =)
Chef Boyardee is offline                         Send a private message to Chef Boyardee
Old 22-08-2004, 02:11 PM   #4
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

The music isn't bad at all.It was not what i had expected... i expected guitar, drums, and a vocal, but there are good tracks on your site :wink:
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 24-08-2004, 11:14 AM   #5
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Chef Boyaedee, do you by any chance have anything to do with the online game "The Kingdom Of Loathing"? It's just I found your name in a haiku in the game:

You find the Kitchen
Chef Boyardee's in da house
Hey, meat bonanza!
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 24-08-2004, 11:47 AM   #6
Chef Boyardee
Game freak

Yeah, I play Kingdom of Loathing but my character's name is Kathy Lee Gifford because Chef Boyardee was taken. It was just a coincidence.
Old 24-08-2004, 12:35 PM   #7
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Default Re: Introducing Myself =P

Quote:
although I tremendously disagree with our nation's recent actions.
oh great, another trend*****.
Or perhaps a closet-republican whow ants to get along with the europeans.
bah
Stroggy is offline                         Send a private message to Stroggy
Old 24-08-2004, 02:21 PM   #8
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Don't mind Stroggy. He hates everyone and everything.