Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-02-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Default Star Trek Picard Series

So what does everyone think now that the show has started?

My thoughts (SPOILER ALERT):
Spoiler

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation
Blake00 is offline                         Send a private message to Blake00
Old 01-02-2020, 12:42 PM   #2
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Apparently CBS has posted the first episode of Picard on YouTube for a limited time. So, if you dont have All Access and want to check it out, you have til Feb 7 to watch it for free. Naturally it's region locked though urgh. :/

Episode 2 of Picard just seen. Glad it explains some of the mysteries & fan complaints about the first episode.

Spoiler

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- Emulation
Old 03-02-2020, 03:22 AM   #3
DrWho42
Game freak

i'm about to check this series out!

🌲link🌲tree🌲
DrWho42 is offline                         Send a private message to DrWho42
Old 08-02-2020, 10:04 AM   #4
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

I'm enjoying it but am still unsure as to whether I actually really like it or not. Need to see how story pans out.

Episode 3 seen:
Spoiler

Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation
Old 23-02-2020, 09:58 AM   #5
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Episode 4 seen (belated).. WE'RE OFF!:

Spoiler

Guess I better hurry up and watch Ep 5 now instead of reading comments as that's just asking for spoilers haha.

Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation
Old 23-02-2020, 11:54 AM   #6
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Yeah.. episode 5.. wow.. If people here disliked it you don't have to worry about me arguing with you on this one guys. As this episode broke me too, or more precisely it broke my enjoyment of the show. I didn't enjoy that at all. I thought maybe if I sleep on it I'd feel better but nope, today I'm even grumpier about it haha. Up until now I've only had little nitpicks and have really enjoyed show and have defended it when people have complained about it "not feeling like star trek" but there was next to nothing Star Trek feeling about Ep 5. Those people who complained about past eps not being star trek are gonna looooooove this one lol. I don't wanna walk away from a Star Trek episode feeling frustrated and miserable. When they played the exciting trailer for the next ep and all the cool Borg stuff at the end I didn't even give s***. I was like.. whatever. They're gonna have to work hard in the next few eps to undo the damage that one just did. I can only hope that they had to go that dark and callous to setup the audience to be brought back to the light and happy ending lol. But I can't help but think that if it turned me off that badly then all those people out there who's really not been that into the new show and were barely holding on will probably be like "stuff this!" and be done with it after seeing that ep lol.

Spoiler

Urgh.. end of rant. Breath Daniel.. Just breath... lol

Like I said.. they're gonna need to work hard to undo the damage this episode did. I think I'd rather rewatch most of the episodes in discovery season 1 than ever watch that episode again lol.

Everywhere I go so far I've seem pretty horrified responses to ep5. I've seen a couple of dudes say they loved ep5 though, I was like WAAAT lol.

Spoiler

Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation
Old 20-03-2020, 12:40 PM   #7
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Probably noticed I haven't posted here since I blew up a bit over Ep5 haha. I have kept watching the show though but was less invested in it to continue posting my episode round ups. I said after ep 5 that they'd really need some good eps to undo the damage that did, so...

Here's my thoughts on eps 6-9..
Spoiler

Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation

Last edited by Blake00; 20-03-2020 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-04-2020, 12:49 PM   #8
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Final Episode 10 rant..

spoiler

Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation
Old 05-07-2020, 03:31 PM   #9
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

I feel like I'm talking to myself in this thread but anyway lol...

I thought Discovery season 1 was okay but there were many things that annoyed me. Season 2 was a huge improvement for me however that was mainly due to the additional cast members playing Pike, Spock and Number One on the enterprise, there was still some silly stuff (lazy writing plot hole things as usual) that annoyed me though. Season 3 loses those great additions so I fear it'll disappoint me again lol. My love of the Disco season 2 Enterprise content of course also leaves me super excited for Star Trek Strange New Worlds (aka the Star Trek Pike show fans demanded heh) as they've said it will be a more traditional episodic Star Trek adventure show on the Enterprise! So hopefully they can't screw that up too much... although there's some rumour (possibly BS) out there that it's also going to have a young bisexual Kirk running about in the show so read into that what you will lol!!

Back to good old Picard.. I've decided I'm not going to call it that anymore now. To me this show shall now be known as 'Patrick Stewart Goes To Space' (PSGTS for short) as there really isn't much Star Trek or Picard in it lol!!! I've been waiting for the 'Critical Drinker' to review PSGTS as I've become an fan of his after seeing his Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker reviews on those cluster****s. Sure enough in the video below you can see he hates it and he talks about Picard himself being rather useless just like I talked about in my episode reviews earlier in this thread. Yes I know hating on stuff is kind of his gimmick haha but he makes good points that match a lot of my previously posted thoughts.

This is Patrick Stewart Goes To Space!

And this is Star Trek Picard baby!!

Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation

Last edited by Blake00; 05-07-2020 at 03:50 PM.