Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-12-2005, 03:00 PM   #121
ShadowBlade
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand Dad@Dec 22 2005, 08:53 AM
CHEATING IS STILL CHEATING AND NO EXCUSES :bye:
Gotta agree with him.
ShadowBlade is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowBlade
Old 22-12-2005, 09:56 PM   #122
vahacris

indians are very useful at the begining.....

just buy 1 goods (200) and 1 tools (300) and go to one of inca towns to sell them for 1400-1600 each ! it gives something about 3000 from 500 investment...

you can do it again after 4-7 turns and they would buy tools or goods again. theres always some indian cities (at least 3) with sea connection, rest of them you gonna reach by wagon trains...........

it gives many many so needed gold on the start. this method always takes me far from my opponents on military and economic level, so i can easly crush other nations.... when i wipe them out i wait until cortez join my congress. he guarantee that destroyed indian cities always have tresaures.

inca and may capitals gives (with cortez) 15000-20000 tresaures ........

if you take my steps you should easly crush King army and gain a good score

oh. i forgot. in my opinion it is best to build 5-6 cities in top part of south america, near ore, river and forrests (river terrains gives good number of food after irrigation, ore and lumber are most important resuorces, still in need). at best build 3 port cities and 3 land cities. all close to others.

the other cities i built are small 2-3 people cities close to some resuorces (like silver, tabacco , weaver...). small cities should not have palisade. i built there only warehouse, nothing less. they produce resuorces all the time and when war for independence begins i destroy those small cities (they are easy target for King).

i defend independance in those 6 big cities, all close to each other and good comunicated by roads. it gives opportunity to quickly throw forces to most needed town). i only keep 5-7 cavalry and 3-4 artilery fortified in all towns. another 5-7 cavalry and 3-4 artillery help to the city which is attacked by king.

you should wipe out one desant team before another came out and easly crush king and his armies.......................

IMO you should hide all your ships in ports. fighting with man-o-war isn't easy and they could capture even your frigates. you should never fights them, only sometimes try to dameged them near your own ports................

in the text i use prices and army sizes from the second level of difficulty. but it works fine with all levels, you just need more armies and deals are lower....

thats the METHODS to make game easy, playable and fun.

hardcore colonization fans (like me ;] ) built they cities on deserts or tundras and dont even sell or buy anything from old world. they only have what they made themself or buy from indians. i know person which gain like 70-80% score after playin like that ;] word

maybe someone gonna use my tips

peace

ps. colonization - GAME OF THE CENTURY !!! ;]

Old 24-12-2005, 01:14 AM   #123
rlbell
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Aname@Dec 19 2005, 02:12 PM
LITTLE CHEAT

there is a way to play alone (no other europeans) , dig on the files and open the one that holds all data on movement, construction costs etc (dont remember the name of the file "menus" maby") then make caravel movement 0 and play as the dutch. (WIN is a game killer)

Which file is it? I have examined all of the text files, but have not found a list of ship movement rates. That was the nice thing about Alpha Centauri-- they documented how to edit the various game within the files themselves (not very well, but if you get the strategy guide, it is easy). It would be a fun-to-do-once thing to be the only europeans in the new world. Also on my list of things to try is a single port at the mouth of the amazon basin
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 24-12-2005, 05:11 AM   #124
teamzorg

why do you play in the americas ?
I have found it much more fun to play in random mode where you have to discover where everything and everybody is. It is much more interesting to try and find the silver and incas then to know whaere it all is.

Old 24-12-2005, 06:10 AM   #125
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Play in America is a good option to move foward into next difficult level cuz u know the terrain and u arenīt to get defet by bad luck at the chose of first colonies. Play in a random map its an extra difficult but allows u to totally new games each time and some more fun. Anyway, about the best strategy, i can said that u can done it by taking other european cities in the fisrts turns were they are unguarded... the rest itīs to chose founding fathers and play in concequence maintain the obajetive of fully industrial and indepent colonies about export economy and the production of tools/guns, cannons and veteran dragons. When going into war avoid the sieges (the ai try to sourrond a colony and only attack when got enough strengh), keep war out of your frontiers and see it like a chance to quicker training for the army and new captured colinist. About independence war, u must got some big army(all the drags that are no garrison, min 20 drags with 1000 horses heads inside colonies) and garrisons of 3 drags + 5 art for cities in danger of attack. The true of fighting kingīs troops its to got 100% of rebels and to not allow to make a beach head by taking one of your cities. When and where they land they may be crushed. Keep an eye on horses even build horses growers colonies. If a mounted continental army(all dragons inside colonies become MCA) is defeated it becomes a normal continental army (NCA), u give them 50 horses and a MCA again, if NCA is defeated, it becomes in a veteran soldier without guns, u give then guns and horses, and u will got dragons!!! Training during war can continue by new recruits attacking undefended artillry in open. About fleet, if u damage the MoW, u can reduce the numbers of disembarks but remember that a) a MoW its mightyer like a frigate attavking or a privateer attacking with F Drake B ) the damaged MoW only can be an empty MoW so the effect will be some invasions forces later c)a ship u have attacked cannīt go out d) always there are a MoW to attak that ship even ehen u didnīt see any e) a MoW attacking itīs force: 24 + 12 = 36 and your frigate 16, if privateer 8 f) The king got enought MoW to attack ships protected by a fort, so any rebel ship out of port will be attacked, and plus by sending a ship to repairs or siking it u will do nothing, u must attack and damage at least 1/10 of royal forceīs ships. So u can get so use from a fleet but its more likely that yours will get hurt worse, better let the forts to bring the naval defence and only attack if your are doing pretty good in ground and so u can leave some resources to ship building or if u are getting unumbered like a deseperate measure to give the chance to your ground forces of some rest in a far futher.
Old 24-12-2005, 04:32 PM   #126
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

I have sunk the King's Ships before all of his troops are deployed. This is really hard to do, as the ships are much easier to damage than to sink. However, if you manage to do this (by saving or however you want to manage it) you cannot beat the game, as the king still wants to kill you.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 25-12-2005, 07:32 PM   #127
laiocfar
NOD Commander

When the rotalists move inside their ships to another location its because they are sure that they gat already taken the last location .
U also can beat them by fighting inside the countryside, if u got a colony deep in land, u can chose to set the front line between the ports and this city... but u will have to counter attack and u will lose many colonies. And it isnīt better than attack when they move to land, u will got high loses even wining the war, its another deseperate measure to high challengers.
Old 27-12-2005, 10:46 AM   #128

The editable file is named names.txt
From there you can change (almost) anything (including "little cheat" ) -also helpfull for little moding realistic indian army etc

BTW since it is not an online game "cheating" isnt an issue, eachone plays the game as he/she likes

Old 28-12-2005, 07:59 AM   #129
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

It's really immaterial what terrain you choose...it must have a lot of space, a large island will do fine provided it has all the resources.
It's best to built fortresses along your seaboard cities and equipp them with a couple of cannons (they usually take care of the king's men'o'war). Attach (ambush) the Cavalry with your own and after a few attempts the king surrenders...takes some time of course!

Happy Gaming!!!
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 29-12-2005, 12:30 AM   #130
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
It's really immaterial what terrain you choose...it must have a lot of space, a large island will do fine provided it has all the resources.
No a chance, in random maps there is a lot variety in America no. But in random maps there are clearly betters zones with rivers or silver that are quiet usefull