Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #11
Lili Hardin

Hum, I don't see a Win 32 version .63... Sorry I'm not very ...Hum... skilled with programs... wich version exactly do I have to download? The FreeBSD package, the Fedora Core 2 &3, the BeOS, the OS/2, or the
Old dosbox versions? If you talk about the dosbox.65 (first on your download page) I already installed it for other games and it worked, but not for Fury of the Furies...
Lili Hardin is offline                         Send a private message to Lili Hardin
Old 11-08-2006, 12:10 PM   #12
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
The FreeBSD package, the Fedora Core 2 &3, the BeOS, the OS/2, or the Old dosbox versions?[/b]
Go to "Old DosBox Versions". That will show you a location with previous DosBox builds. Other names there are simply versions of DosBox 0.65 for other operating systems.

Once there, download v0.63 Win32 version.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #13
Lili Hardin

Ok, so it worked with Dos.63, but when I passed the copyprotection, the screen returns to the Dos box command prompt as if I didn't start the game! Please help!
Lili Hardin is offline                         Send a private message to Lili Hardin
Old 12-08-2006, 04:25 PM   #14
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

and which excutalbe did you run? you should use go.bat
Old 12-08-2006, 05:03 PM   #15
Lili Hardin

I tried "go", "fury"... but it's always the same, I end having the command prompt... but how do I know my "Go" file is a .bat? When I go in the proprieties of the file, it says it's a "fichier de commande MS-DOS" (should be command file in english) and there is a compatibility mod: for Win 95, 98, NT 4 or 2000... Do I have to configure the mod?
Old 12-08-2006, 05:12 PM   #16
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I think I remember that bat files could be used for configuration. Open (don't run) your bat file, in notepad or something. Maybe if there are some sound issues (sounds strange, but often sound issues are causing a lot of weird trouble), you (or someone here) can compare the bat setup (if any) and the dosbox/xp configuration.

Btw: In dosbox, within the directory, type "dir". You'll see the extensions of every file. There you'll see if Go is a bat. There should be other ways in xp, but I don't use that.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #17
Lili Hardin

I opened the "go" file with my notepad and here is what I get:
"@echo off
intro
lang
fury.exe
if not errorlevel 1 goto fin
mode cO80
echo Not enough memory...
:fin"
But I don't know what it means! And I don't know what it means to "compare the bat setup (if any) and the dosbox/xp configuration"... Is it sure this game is compatible with Win Xp or am I the only one to have problems like this?
Old 12-08-2006, 05:34 PM   #18
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I didn't spot any sound related stuff here.

(Digression) Anyway, a bat (batch) file is nothing more than a set of dos commands executed in order, and the batch is not terminated until (hopefully) all commands have been executed. For instance the lines "intro", "lang" and "fury" are dos commands, and this bat file tells the machine to run those exe files in that order.

Sorry, but I have no idea how to solve this. Maybe someone else has. Good luck
Old 12-08-2006, 05:56 PM   #19
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

um, doesnt it give any error message when ti goes back to command line? make a screen or something
Old 13-08-2006, 03:27 PM   #20
Lili Hardin

No there is no message error! When I type the code of copyprotection, the screen turns black just 1 second, returns with the image of copyprot (the fury on the throne) and returns immediately to the command prompt... I think it's a problem with the go file, but what's the problem? Is there a solution to go to the language screen or the game whithout passing through the intro and the copyprot?