Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-01-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I've read a review of this game recently, and noticed that my aging box just fits within the minimum requirements for running it.

However, before I decide on buying I'd like to know if any of you have played this game and if so, what is your opinion of it.

Thanks.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-01-2007, 11:11 PM   #2
faralar
Abandonia nerd

That kind of depends of wat you like.

The game is an evolution of X-men Legends 1&2, if you liked them (and the marvel universe) you will problably enjoy MAU.

On the other hand the Legends games, in my opinion, get a bit repetetive towards the end and it's the same thing with this game.

I still think you should give it a try though.
faralar is offline                         Send a private message to faralar
Old 24-01-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Never played either of the Legends games, but in regards to Marvel comics I'm more or less a completely hopeless case of addiction.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-01-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

I'm a Marvel addict, too (especially Spiderman), but the game isn't as good as I hoped it to be. You will have a few cool moments if you like Marvel and know the Marvel universe well, but it gets boring pretty quick.

What I do like is the ability to unlock costumes. You can play Spiderman in his original outfit, Symbiote outfit, Scarlet Spider outfit or the Stark outfit. Some outfits also make new characters. You can outfit Thor to become Betaray Bill for example.

Most characters (if not all) start out with their Ultimate outfit. The whole story however seems to be based on the originial universe, at least partly, since the game features Galactus in his normal and not his strange hive mind form.

I think what I enjoyed most of the game were the rendered cutscenes. The normal semi-ingame cutscenes really look fugly, since the graphics aren't that good.

Most missions just make you run and run and run through endless similar looking corridors beating the same enemies again and again (at least they change according to the level) until you run into a semi-boss (which is most times a minor villain of the Marvel universe) or the real boss. The semi-bosses just need to be bashed until they fall, while the real bosses actually feature some kind of puzzle you'll have to figure out to beat him.

The game also features "comic missions" that you can collect throughout the game and feature one hero alone in the fight against one of his enemys. However, the levels in these missions rarely differ and they just throw a heap of unrelated enemies at you till you confront the real one.

So, if you are a Marvel fan, you might get a few kicks out of the game, but otherwise, I'd adivse you to pass on that one. The first few levels where fun, but after a while, you just want the levels to end already.

Lot of unlockable stuff, though.
Don Andy is offline                         Send a private message to Don Andy