Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
YellowSubmarina
Lurker

Default Racing game in crazy tracks and like a crazy TV gameshow

It was about the 90's I played this game. It was a car racing game and the graphics were very clean and good for the time and that's what I recall better of that game: nice graphic, resolution, speed..

The story:
I cannot remember many things for my english was poor at that time (I was teen and I am not a native speaker). But its differential was the story. It was like a crazy reality TV gameshow that the race was the thing in it. There were a man and a woman (dumb) presenting the show. They seemed cruel (specially the man) but they were funny and sarcastic; the man was kind of ridiculous (he reminds me the man of the B52's group), wearing colourful clothes and had a cynical smile with very white teeth. They were real people and appeared in short films. If I remember well, if we got the first position(s) we could choose among 3 doors (or such) and earn a good prize.

The race itself:
The environment of the first race was kind of industrial, for I remember the track was made of a metal grid and there was no chance going out of it.
The tracks changed as we went up in level (I did not made it too far). They were crazy for they had too much ups and downs, long and inclined curves, shortcuts (and, if I remember well, tunnels). The tracks were always high from the ground (if I remember well).
The cars were very fast and were not normal cars, I mean, in their aspect. Were those like 'built for that race'. But very fast and the opponents were very fast and competitive too. That's why it was so difficult to win.

We could upgrade de cars to play dirty, for it was like a survival race. We had to be fast to be able to take shortcuts. It was not easy no win a race.

thats all I remember. I have other details in mind but I'm afraid I am mixing with other similar games I know. thank you.
YellowSubmarina is offline                         Send a private message to YellowSubmarina
Old 14-06-2013, 01:28 AM   #2
kryt3n
Forum hobbit

Maybe MegaRace and/or MegaRace 2. I think the second one has a female host that appears along with the male host. She's not shown in the screenshots at MobyGames, but there is evidence on the box cover and pics on the back of the box.
kryt3n is offline                         Send a private message to kryt3n