Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
Ruksa

Nevermind, spacebar is the toggle switch for wielding a weapon. Maybe I mashed it when training in the barracks.
Anyway, you can install the game anywhere you like if you edit the .INI file.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #22
Torquemada10
Forum hobbit

My god the combat mechanics in this game is just aweful!
Misclick - run towards the enemy - run away - misclick again run towards the enemy. Gee I'll give this one a pass
Torquemada10 is offline                         Send a private message to Torquemada10
Old 09-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #23
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemada10 View Post
My god the combat mechanics in this game is just aweful!
Misclick - run towards the enemy - run away - misclick again run towards the enemy. Gee I'll give this one a pass
The actual click-combat part is a direct ripoff from Diablo. If you liked it there, you shouldn't complain here.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #24
Torquemada10
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
The actual click-combat part is a direct ripoff from Diablo. If you liked it there, you shouldn't complain here.
Yes but Diablo was much more forgiving about misclicks than this game.
Another annoying feature is that the character walks towards the enemy if he is too close. Do you know how annoying that is for a melee character trying to kill an archer?
Torquemada10 is offline                         Send a private message to Torquemada10
Old 09-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #25
Torquemada10
Forum hobbit

Irregardless I'm gonna give this game another chance, I had too much hope for it to give up right away.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #26
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Yes but Diablo was much more forgiving about misclicks than this game.
Another annoying feature is that the character walks towards the enemy if he is too close. Do you know how annoying that is for a melee character trying to kill an archer?
Nope, Diablo (the first one) is way more unforgiving (from the level where the lightning-casting demons start to appear). Well, if you want my opinion.

And in any of the Diablos if you misclick walk towards the point you clicked.
'Though if you say your character moves without even clicking if enemy is near, then it is simply not true. Otherwise I'd be happy if my melee char would walk towards ranged enemy as that's efficient, thus wanted (how else'd I kill that ranged one and gain the exp?). If your problem is that You are the archer and you walk towards the enemy... Then you're playing it wrong. Bump up your stealth, and you can stand right on the toe of the enemy without being noticed, and do oneshot kills.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #27
Torquemada10
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Nope, Diablo (the first one) is way more unforgiving (from the level where the lightning-casting demons start to appear). Well, if you want my opinion.

And in any of the Diablos if you misclick walk towards the point you clicked.
'Though if you say your character moves without even clicking if enemy is near, then it is simply not true. Otherwise I'd be happy if my melee char would walk towards ranged enemy as that's efficient, thus wanted (how else'd I kill that ranged one and gain the exp?). If your problem is that You are the archer and you walk towards the enemy... Then you're playing it wrong. Bump up your stealth, and you can stand right on the toe of the enemy without being noticed, and do oneshot kills.
I meant the character walks, instead of running if you click too close to him. Lets say you charge an archer and he moves just out of reach, you click him again to attack but this time instead of quickly charging him you walk towards him instead.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #28
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
I meant the character walks, instead of running if you click too close to him. Lets say you charge an archer and he moves just out of reach, you click him again to attack but this time instead of quickly charging him you walk towards him instead.
Ah.

Well, my answer is, in Diablo 1 you couldn't run at all. Be happy that you're able here.

Btw, the enemy iin SoA hardly ever runs far, and if you clicked on it once, your character will chase it forever (unlike in Diablo 1).

The thing what isn't great though playing only the first chapter is, that the next chapters really improve the gameplay with all the story, equipment, and class-specific thingies.
Chapter 1 is really just a teaser, and if you feel frustrated it actually proves doing its work fine. Let's hope the later chapters will be avaiable later on.

Dang, I've bought (in local shops) this game like three times, and still npot have a working final chapter, so I'm definitly waiting for that. But won't buy it a 4th time.

To give my opinion:
Chapter 1 is mostly a teaser for this game.
With Chapter 2 you'll get the hang of the whole feeling of the game.
Chapter 3-5 gives the lore, widens the world.
Chapter 6 would be the end of the story.

Last edited by twillight; 10-10-2012 at 06:35 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 11-10-2012, 12:34 AM   #29
Torquemada10
Forum hobbit

_

Last edited by Torquemada10; 11-10-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 19-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #30
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletBeast View Post
TBH I found this game too damn frustrating. I'm not sure how to level up, all the monsters kill me too quickly... other than that, I liked it... or -would- have liked it if I could have actually played more than the "talk to people in town before going on quest" part. >.>
And, yes, I have played RPGs before -,-; Diablo is a favorite of mine... but... this definitely isn't.
Leveling up happens automatically. You won't be taken to a special screen, just you stat-page's icon will be highlighted. There you'll be able to spend the extra points you were given (or just preserve them to buy trainings instead, those give much better stat/skillpoint ratio).

To kill monsters: you activate Fighting Mode by pressing Space (two big swords will be shown on the character portrait), and only then you'll be able to whack enemy with weapons (also your party only causes damage in that mode).
When using magic you don't have to be in Fighting Mode.
Also advisable to go forward slowly to not get overwhelmed.