Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-06-2007, 06:09 PM   #11
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 23 2007, 07:27 PM) [snapback]295986[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
NOR i care or intend to invest too much effort in it..ESCUSE ME.
[/b]
then we dont give a *meep* about you niether ^^

its impossible to be here 24/7 for everybody. if you dont even try to bother... we dont get paid for this. we are people like you
Old 23-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #12

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Jun 23 2007, 07:09 PM) [snapback]295990[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 23 2007, 07:27 PM) [snapback]295986[/snapback]
Quote:
NOR i care or intend to invest too much effort in it..ESCUSE ME.
[/b]
then we dont give a *meep* about you niether ^^

its impossible to be here 24/7 for everybody. if you dont even try to bother... we dont get paid for this. we are people like you
[/b][/quote]

oh jesus baby lord *meep*.

people, i wasnt askin' for a private lessons or pretendin' some sort of costumer sevice here.
im not THAT stupid.
read my fucing post again,if ya care.
--im a fan of what you're doin' here. ya hear?--
i've asked a simple question and get laughed at.
so yeah,i guess i do get pissed off way too easy...but i aint takin' cheap shots from ya whitout answerin'.ok.
anyways,
all good.

i've grown up with spectrum and c64.
never used DOS in my life and don't really know what the *meep* it is really.
didn't really used stupid windows nor known how to unpack files till recently even.
triyn to figure things out.
dont care about mastering my computers skills either,man.im goddamned 30 and only have little time for this stuff.i'd only like to play some old games i've always wanted to play when i was a kid and could NOT.
AND I Did get to play a bunch over the last year -thanx to ya-
i've menaged to get a lot of stuff workin' ,and to use VMDS. im doin' good! ha!
but
dosbox -i've just tried again,CHRIST,and failed- looks beyond my abilities and attention span.
too bad for me.

all cleared up?

keep this muck up!

cheers,
a-

Old 25-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #13
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I really advise you try and read the guide I wrote - it deals with the problem in small chunks, so you can read it and follow the tutorial in several separate sessions. No need to try doing it all at once.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 07-08-2007, 04:59 PM   #14

OK, this is getting ridiculous. Where is the rebreather and the timer!?!? It says on the walkthroughs I have read that one is on the table and one is on the floor next to the table, but they are not!!

I have searched everywhere. Is this is an inbuilt security device because I didn't pay the copy or something?

If someone can post a screenshot of where they are I would be very happy.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #15
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

What difficulty are you using? The walkthrough describes the middle and higher difficulty levels, if you took the easiest you don't have to do somethings!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 19-05-2008, 02:45 AM   #16
Redface5x

Thumbs up

I've been looking to play this game for years. It's great to have FINALLY found it.
Redface5x is offline                         Send a private message to Redface5x
Old 11-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #17
raylin_stephens
Lurker

Thumbs up Your DOSBox directions are the best!

I have the original Rex game but it won't install - I also have your download and like others couldn't get it to play.

So I came back for some needed help and your DosBox instructions are so good that I printed out the full guide!

Thank you very much, I am now playing Rex finally!

:cool: Raylin
raylin_stephens is offline                         Send a private message to raylin_stephens
Old 12-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #18
red_avatar
Administrator

I loved this game - I actually managed to track down the game in very good condition - the letters "Rex Nebular" are in sparkly font on the front of the box.

I actually completed this game in one go, with the help of a tutorial in some parts. It's pretty short but very nicely drawn and although there's some "erk" moments, this game really deserved to be a lot better known than it was.
red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 13-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #19
warispeace

I remember being blown away by the intro when this game first came out. Those rendered spaceships looked amazing.
warispeace is offline                         Send a private message to warispeace
Old 08-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #20
Guest11111
Smile My childhood

This might seem very strange, but I remember playing this game when I was 6 years old. I can vividly remember so many of the scenes of the game. This might in fact be one of my longest lasting childhood memories...

I had been searching in vain for this game for years. Im so glad its finally available.

Sadly, this is my first attempt at installing it and I am having trouble in Dosbox because it keeps asking for an A: drive in the installation screen. I cant figure out how to get around this!