Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-06-2006, 04:37 AM   #261
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

If you manage to just simply spell banish the other wizards of the face of the earth in impossible, then that must be the hardest victory.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 09-06-2006, 01:50 AM   #262
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gamefreak @ Jun 1 2006, 04:44 PM) [snapback]233586[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ahnassi @ Jun 1 2006, 04:22 AM) [snapback]233575[/snapback]
Quote:
The reason that I love Myrran is that you have only one opponent on your plane. This give you time to make your heroes a real behind-kicking monsters. . Also you can concentrate on your cities development instead of producing spearmens for defence.[/b]
That's only true up to difficulty level normal, on difficult or impossible there're often additionally other wizards besides Sss'ra starting on Myrror, or they set up cities later in the game there and spawn across their area of land.
[/b][/quote]
I am always play on Impossible
4 opponents.
I played many times and only once or twice I had 2 opponents on Myrran

BTW who knows what is "-4 spellsave"? what does it make?
Ahnassi is offline                         Send a private message to Ahnassi
Old 09-06-2006, 02:13 AM   #263
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Its a replica of D&D type spell saves, or a resistance modifier to casted spells. Your character (depending on his/her level has a chance to resist whatever spells in some manner or another, and a -4 to this could be devastating when the enemy casts stuff that can kill you. Spell immunity however, is unaffected by such things.

Or at least thats what your situation may be about.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 09-06-2006, 03:12 AM   #264
Japo
Autonomous human

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blastradius14 @ Jun 9 2006, 04:13 AM) [snapback]235375[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Its a replica of D&D type spell saves, or a resistance modifier to casted spells. Your character (depending on his/her level has a chance to resist whatever spells in some manner or another, and a -4 to this could be devastating when the enemy casts stuff that can kill you. Spell immunity however, is unaffected by such things.
[/b]
So -4 is bad and +4 would be good, or vice versa?
Old 09-06-2006, 05:26 AM   #265
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blastradius14 @ Jun 9 2006, 01:13 PM) [snapback]235375[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Or at least thats what your situation may be about.
[/b]
So when I Create an Artifact and choose a "-4 spell save" I am doing a bad thing for my heroes? or for enemy armies?

Let's make an example:
I gave Malleus stuff Flaming, "+6 attack","+4 to Hit","-4 spell save".
cast on them invisibility or flight or chaos chanel(wings)
And sent him to the lair with Great Wyrm.
This mean that Great Wyrm will have 8 resistance instead of 12?

Magic immunity gives resistance equal 32 or 25 - can't remember excatly.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:31 AM   #266
Scatty
Treasure hunter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ahnassi @ Jun 9 2006, 05:26 AM) [snapback]235397[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
So when I Create an Artifact and choose a "-4 spell save" I am doing a bad thing for my heroes? or for enemy armies?

Let's make an example:
I gave Malleus stuff Flaming, "+6 attack","+4 to Hit","-4 spell save".
cast on them invisibility or flight or chaos chanel(wings)
And sent him to the lair with Great Wyrm.
This mean that Great Wyrm will have 8 resistance instead of 12?

Magic immunity gives resistance equal 32 or 25 - can't remember excatly.
[/b]
Spell save -4 in Create Artifact Menu is a positive thing that lowers the resistance of the enemy you're casting spells on. Doesn't have an effect on summoning or positive spells on yourself or friendly units. About attacking with the ranged magic attack, not sure there. But chance to hit is very helpful on ranged attack.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 13-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #267
Richrf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dan Hanegan @ May 17 2006, 06:14 PM) [snapback]230926[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I find that the key to winning on impossible level is to grow quickly. You want a race with a good population bonus and cheap settlers. You also want a decent military unit that doesn't require a ton of infrastructure to build.
I have never been able to win on impossible with a Myrran race, they all grow too slowly.
[/b]
LOL, trying to win the game by out colonising the AI using a myran race obviously won't work. You need to abuse the killer units of the myrans! I agree about the barbarian strategy and it probably works for the halflings too, but you can't play the slow growing dwarves like barbarians obviously.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ahnassi @ Jun 1 2006, 06:34 AM) [snapback]233587[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I am using Item Make program (supplied with MoM) to edit first 255 items to make it really cool
Make every 2nd staff to have a FlameStrike X 4. Plus Good hero. And you will win even at Myrran.
[/b]
You need to surivive long enough for the merchant to show up and make plenty of $$$$.

Quote:
There is a whole site dedicated to Heros and thier roles in the game. I have a copy of this site.
Write me and I can send you that manual
[/b]
http://mom.diaspora.ru/txt/heroes.doc/index.html
Old 14-06-2006, 12:43 AM   #268
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Richrf @ Jun 14 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]236577[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
LOL, trying to win the game by out colonising the AI using a myran race obviously won't work. You need to abuse the killer units of the myrans! I agree about the barbarian strategy and it probably works for the halflings too, but you can't play the slow growing dwarves like barbarians obviously.
[/b]
Well-armed Hero makes no difference which race do you play.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Richrf @ Jun 14 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]236577[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
You need to surivive long enough for the merchant to show up and make plenty of $$$$.
[/b]
Nope. Imaging a lair with 1-4 great wyrms. There's no doubt that this lair have something valuable (for example one of your hand-made staffs). If you have flying unit/spell ,confusion spell, mana, and patience then you surely win and get all cool stuff in the lair.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Richrf @ Jun 14 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]236577[/snapback]</div>YES! this is it! I am glad that it still alive.
Old 14-06-2006, 12:50 AM   #269
Japo
Autonomous human

Ahnassi's tactic for defeating otherwise nearly invincible -utterly so without terminator heroes- Great Wyrms is quite interesting indeed. Thanks.
Old 14-06-2006, 06:43 AM   #270
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Japofran @ Jun 14 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]236586[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Ahnassi's tactic for defeating otherwise nearly invincible -utterly so without terminator heroes- Great Wyrms is quite interesting indeed. Thanks.
[/b]
Here is an ideal lair

I have 1 Draconian swordsmen with resist magic and resist elements cast on it

here is a confused Great wyrm and a bunch of war "puppies" >

here is what is left after confusion takes the great wyrm under my control

all war bears made a suicide. and both wyrms is half damaged. at next time when confusion works
they will annihilate each other. So i won 2 fame and a cool artifact(As I said before you need to work with ITEMMAKE on first 255 items to make guarded artifacts really cool).