Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #21
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Not really, nobody memorizes the names, you just check them too see what can be done... IMO at least. On the other hand, they can use manual.

As for your manual in txt document, I don't get it. Manual had several pages of pictures and names of territories, needed for entering teh code. You have those pictures in txt document?

If you don't know what I mean, download manual from my folder on FTP and check it.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 24-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #22
mexbrush
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Archive is working one and is now uploaded on FTP. I don't remember where I got this archive, I surely downloaded it from somewhere and I surely didn't download it from HOTU, but it does have HOTU's manual. I uploaded this manual since it contains copyright codes needed to save/load the game. Also i contains a save called "Vikings historical" that you can load and get a start of the game similar to historical situation.

We could try to find manual scan for this game without HOTU signature or perhaps someone still has an original manual...
marko river, I also sent the same archive to Saccade. He also told me that he found the manual .

So I assume there's nothing left between the game and gamers
mexbrush is offline                         Send a private message to mexbrush
Old 24-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #23
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I saw you reviewed the game for AT. Can the same review be used fro site? I somehow don;t think that Times should have same reviews, it's like it should be something else, but that's just me...
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 25-09-2009, 08:09 AM   #24
mexbrush
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
I saw you reviewed the game for AT. Can the same review be used fro site? I somehow don;t think that Times should have same reviews, it's like it should be something else, but that's just me...
Yes you can use it for the website too. For the web page you are looking a different review?

Need to think how to derivate a review like a , probably will try to write something today.
mexbrush is offline                         Send a private message to mexbrush
Old 25-09-2009, 10:17 AM   #25
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Don't take my opinion as general rule here, if others say it's OK then it's OK
Old 25-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #26
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

I think it was already decided that AT reviews can go on site if they are appropriate. Don't ask for a quote, though, I don't know exactly where it was said, and it's really hard to find via the search if you don't know which words to search for.
Old 25-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #27
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

It's ok, why would I ask for quotes
After all we do not have many strict rules about this, meaning that rules change as general attitudes change, this is community after all
Old 06-01-2015, 08:44 AM   #28
Coolle

I don't get what you people are talking about or how you got it to work...

Abandonia has no Kingdoms of England II page and no Kingdoms of Germany page, that I can find.

The KoG that I found had a file called "kogcrack.exe" which says patching is unsuccesful.
Province names have not been removed in either game. Game still kicks you out after a certain number of turns for failing to identify the province.

Been googling both games with various phrases and I can't find a manual for either game.

Bonus question: If I do get it working properly, I'd be interested if anyone remembered how to slow DOSbox down. The game runs fast even if you use a low amount of cycles...
Coolle is offline                         Send a private message to Coolle
Old 06-01-2015, 04:43 PM   #29
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Maybe you'd like to review it for the site?

(gotta up our game numbers somehow )

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 09-01-2015, 06:55 AM   #30
Coolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by arete View Post
Maybe you'd like to review it for the site?

(gotta up our game numbers somehow )
if I review it, would that allow me to surpass the province ID game kill?

Do I have to review it in a neutral tone?
I'd like to write in a style like
"Briefing over the summarized information of the game you might spot that it's been produced and received around '92-93. Maybe you're thinking 'Could they even make games in 92?' However you need not worry regarding this luscious pearl of a game, friend. It is a simple game, bountiful in charm, and it doesn't really try to do some spectacular 3D renditions, which it obviously would not handle well. It takes what it does, and does it quite nicely.
Befitting of a pearl, however, it is not the most practical. The game is like a computerized board game. Turn based strategy, dice rolls for combat, simple graphics... However it lacks the information and tooltips of a good board game or strategy game, and heads more towards the charming and pleasant aspects. ..."
.. something like that? (to be continued if approved)
Coolle is offline                         Send a private message to Coolle