Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #11
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Saw Queensryche a couple of years ago perform their entire Operation: Mindcrime album, and some more hits, that was an awesome show although at the time me and my friends were probably the youngest in the crowd, most of the people who went were in their 30's and 40's but still awesome show.

Saw last February Sonata Arctica which again was a high intensity night, lots of support for the band who put on an excellent live show, definitely recommend to check them out should you ever get the chance, also got some of their autographs after the show which still have on a cd sleeve from their album Silence.

Then in March saw Kreator and Napalm Death which again was a wicked show, Kreator enjoyed a bit more who really were flawless, one of the great thrash legends. Got an autograph and pic with Millie their lead singer/guitarist too, which capped off the nite.

And finally the next nite Saw Opeth, Dark Tranquality, and Devil Driver which was a decent show, way too many emos/goths were at the show though and the sound quality was subpar, plus when the moshing started you knew these kids were not metal listeners, serious lack of respect for others with just the intention of injuring others, <_< which is so not the way you do things at a metal show. Overall great show, Dark Tranquality was awesome, as was Opeth, Devil Driver didn't like but whatever.

Hope to see though at some point Iron Maiden, which is one of my dreams as they are my favourite band and Dream Theater too my 2nd favourite band, but they hardly tour here at all which is a bummer, so may have to fly out to see them, Megadeth and Kamelot also hope to see at some point too.

Also some more obsecure bands at some point like Pain Of Salvation, Edguy, Blind Guardian, Strapping Young Lad would be cool too.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 11-11-2006, 07:34 AM   #12
JJXB
Pi-voh

haven't actually been to see any bands live but one time i'm hoping to see lostprophets live :P (mate says it's awesome)
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 11-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #13
Cloudy
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hatham @ Nov 9 2006, 05:19 PM) [snapback]266128[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
'Owdy folks. Went to see MUSE a couple of night back in Glasgow (Second time i've seen them in Two months. YAY) and so i thought to myself about making a topic on what was the last gig you've been to or the ones you've seen in your life. SO I DID IT! w00tage.

So anyway, MUSE gig was phenominal. Saw them a couple of months back and i'm still trying to decide which was better, they were both brilliant. Best songs of the night? Hmm, Invincible, New Born or Take a bow. Not decided. Also, whilst the gig was great, having to stand behind some smelly 13 year old who stinks of actual muck before the gig started wasn't the best of things to happen. Nor was having my jaw smacked by my friends head. Damn him. Anyway, got pretty close to the front (Say five rows at one point) and ended up punching some fat bald guy in the arm. HURRAH. May post some pics at some point. I cant stress it enough, even if you're not a huge MUSE fan (I ain't) GO SEE 'EM!!!

Well like i said the last one i went to was MUSE and the one before that was....er...MUSE (If you dont include a couple of local bands). Other's i've seen are Radiohead back in August, Strokes in Febuary and Therapy? a couple of years back. Not to mention the amount of times i've been seen heefing about local gigs in Edinburgh.

So whats your story?
[/b]

Hehe one of my friends was at that Muse gig, I gave it a miss this time cos the tickets were really expensive though. I saw them back in 2003 on the Absolution tour though.

Anyways recent gigs in Glasgow for me have been...

*thinks*

Anathema + Wolverine + Leafblade

Porcupine Tree + Paatos

Gojira + Hatesphere

Mendeed + Kingsize Blues + Solitude

SikTh + Architects + some other band

and on Monday I saw Opeth + Paradise Lost.

Yay for gigs

Cloudy is offline                         Send a private message to Cloudy
Old 12-11-2006, 06:13 PM   #14
Hatham

Yeah the price was a bit of a bummer. But i thought i'd pay for this gig since last time i was smuggled into the stadium they were playing by someone who worked there. w00t. Definitly worth the £30 (£45 in total if you add how much it took to get there) i paid to see them!

And i'll be in Glasgow in a couple of weeks time to see Albert Hammond Jr at ABC. £8.50 a ticket? Bargain! Now if only Therapy? would play another gig round here soon....
Hatham is offline                         Send a private message to Hatham
Old 13-11-2006, 05:02 PM   #15
Cloudy
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hatham @ Nov 12 2006, 07:13 PM) [snapback]266549[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Now if only Therapy? would play another gig round here soon....
[/b]

I would love to see Therapy?... the last couple times they've been here I've missed them. Next time I'll be there! (hopefully)
Cloudy is offline                         Send a private message to Cloudy
Old 14-11-2006, 06:03 PM   #16
Hatham

A therapy? fan! FAN-*dirty word*-TASTIC

Saw them two years back in Glasgow. Missed them earlier this year thanks to my basic lasyness Left it too late to ask who wanted to come with me (Basically the day of the gig) and since no one wanted to chum me, it would have meant travelling to the gig on my own...arse to that!

But yeah you should definetly see them. Brilliant live. Best band i've seen live it has to be said.
Hatham is offline                         Send a private message to Hatham
Old 15-11-2006, 04:46 AM   #17
Himmler
Trollmaster General

we're gonna have a napalm death concert and a cannibal corpse too this year :w00t:
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler