Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-11-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
Hatham

'Owdy folks. Went to see MUSE a couple of night back in Glasgow (Second time i've seen them in Two months. YAY) and so i thought to myself about making a topic on what was the last gig you've been to or the ones you've seen in your life. SO I DID IT! w00tage.

So anyway, MUSE gig was phenominal. Saw them a couple of months back and i'm still trying to decide which was better, they were both brilliant. Best songs of the night? Hmm, Invincible, New Born or Take a bow. Not decided. Also, whilst the gig was great, having to stand behind some smelly 13 year old who stinks of actual muck before the gig started wasn't the best of things to happen. Nor was having my jaw smacked by my friends head. Damn him. Anyway, got pretty close to the front (Say five rows at one point) and ended up punching some fat bald guy in the arm. HURRAH. May post some pics at some point. I cant stress it enough, even if you're not a huge MUSE fan (I ain't) GO SEE 'EM!!!

Well like i said the last one i went to was MUSE and the one before that was....er...MUSE (If you dont include a couple of local bands). Other's i've seen are Radiohead back in August, Strokes in Febuary and Therapy? a couple of years back. Not to mention the amount of times i've been seen heefing about local gigs in Edinburgh.

So whats your story?
Hatham is offline                         Send a private message to Hatham
Old 09-11-2006, 05:26 PM   #2
The Spider Mastermind
Forum hobbit

Exclunding covers bands, I haven't been to a gig since Metallica at the RDS in Dublin in 2004. I saw them in 2003 as well.

The 2004 setlist was better (Fade to Black, Creeping Death and Whiskey in the Jar were all present, having been absent in 2003), and by and large it was a goog gig, but Kirk Hammett looked like a guy who wanted to be somewhere else, and the sound didn't carry too well for the first hour or so of the gig. And Slipknot were the opening act and their attitude annoyed the hell out of me.

I was going to go see Dragonforce play at the Ambassador in March, just to see if they'd mess up all their solos live, but something came up.
The Spider Mastermind is offline                         Send a private message to The Spider Mastermind
Old 09-11-2006, 05:31 PM   #3
Hatham

Cool. Seeing Mettallica is an experience and a half so i'm told by a mate.

And how do you think i felt? I had to stand and watch 45 minutes of MCR before seeing Muse back in August.....
Old 09-11-2006, 05:38 PM   #4
The Spider Mastermind
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hatham @ Nov 9 2006, 05:31 PM) [snapback]266135[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Cool. Seeing Mettallica is an experience and a half so i'm told by a mate.
[/b]
If I'm honest, while I liked it, I wasn't overwhelmed. I don't think the venue, being large and open air, AND on a warm enough evening both times, helped them much though.

If you could get them in a more enclosed space, or even starting an hour or two later so it'd be dark and cold so the sound would carry well,they'd probably be a lot better.
The Spider Mastermind is offline                         Send a private message to The Spider Mastermind
Old 09-11-2006, 05:56 PM   #5
Hatham

Hmm, suppose. Different weather suits different bands i suppose. Seeing Radiohead play 'Lucky' whilst the sun was setting in Edinburgh was perfect, so i know where you're coming from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4s4BQ-1ltI...ted&search=

Here's a vid of MUSE playing Invincible. Wasn't my camera as i was to the right of the stage and closer, but you get the idea. Also sorry about the sound towards the end! Shame as the end bits the best with lighting and so forth.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:02 PM   #6
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I've been to a couple of gigs over the years. The two Toy Dolls concerts I went to ('93 and '04), are among my favourites, but also Hot Club de Norvége was awesome. I have pretty much quit going to concerts, but the last one was Iggy & the Stooges this summer. Pretty brutal, but I guess they're toothless now compared to what they probably used to be like. But then again: If I didn't see them now, I would have regretted it for the rest of my life, I'm pretty sure.

(First concert I remember was AC/DC on their "For Those About To Rock" tour.) It was then I lost most of my hearing
Old 09-11-2006, 06:05 PM   #7
Hatham

Well losing your hearing at an AC/DC gig is about as Rock N' Roll a way to lose your hearing as you can get
Old 09-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #8
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

There's no other way I would have wanted to lose it hehe. If that bass doesn't punch your spleen through your spine, if that giutar doesn't cut your brain to shreds, then what's the point?
Old 09-11-2006, 11:49 PM   #9
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

I saw Lordi in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago and they were incredible.
Each song had a different series of set pieces with various props and costumes and a whole different feel created with the set and lighting. Even in the rubber suit Lordi (the lead singer, not the band) had huge charisma and stage presence, I was about three metres away from him the whole time. The supporting band that tours with them (Turisas) was good too.
I'd really advise seeing them if you get the chance.

I'm going to see Dragonforce in December, should be fun. I know a guy who saw Dragonforce somewhere else and appartently they're great live.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 10-11-2006, 01:03 PM   #10
Hatham

I was going to see Lordi a couple of weeks back in Glasgow just cus i thought it would be a laugh. Sadly couldn't afford the night out though Would have been a laugh!