Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #1
Noober

Hi. The DOS box guide was really great. Is there one like that for Daemon Tool? I got Fallout off Bittorrent and have a large mdf file I don't know what to do with. Only instructions given was to, "mount, burn, play". I have to mount a folder before I burn!? Confused. Not sure what to do exectly anyway. I recall doing some mounting with dosbox a long time ago, but this program is different it seems. The manual menu and help option on the startup menu do NOTHING. Oh, the website option doesn't send me to their site either. It, or my pc is BORKED apparently.

Anyway, if someone knows of a step by step for dummies, please point me in the direction. Thanks! I looked around the site and forum and can't find one, though I thought I saw it before, back we I had no need for it. :angry:

Old 25-11-2006, 08:07 AM   #2
Saphire
Abandonia nerd

Well here's one for you

1. Download Daemon Tools
2. Install it, following the instructions and accept to reset the PC as asked.
3. Right-click in the small icon area at the right side below (where the clock is located) on the Daemon Tools icon.
4. Move the mouse pointer either to Set number of devices if you need to emulate more than one drive / ISO and choose the number you need or
5. Move the pointer to Virtual CD/DVD-ROM.
6. Move the pointer to Device 0: [ F:] No media and click either on Set device parameters to change for example the drive letter to be used for the emulation or other self-explanatory things or
7. Click on Mount image, select the ISO file (in your case the MDF file that is one of the ISO formats), click on Open and here you are, you mounted a CD/DVD ISO.
8. To unmount the ISO for example to use another ISO, follow the same way from step 5 but this time click more down on Unmount image.

That's it, you should be able to use Daemon Tools as you like. It is anything other than difficult to use, anyway. Hope it helps you

P.S: Oh, and when you mounted the CD image you just need to go to your burning program, select all files and folders on the emulated CD and burn them.
Saphire is offline                         Send a private message to Saphire
Old 25-11-2006, 09:28 PM   #3
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I got Daemon Tools, and ISOs, but I hardly ever bother to burn them onto cds. They work like a charm in DT as is. It saves me some cds and besides, too many times I downloaded ISOs that were either boring or corrupt.
Old 26-11-2006, 10:17 AM   #4

Cool. Thanks a billion you two.

Old 27-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #5
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

I downloaded the new version of daemon tools. Now it always tries to connect to the internet. Is it anything to hang my head in sorrow...?
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 27-11-2006, 09:31 PM   #6
Saphire
Abandonia nerd

It is unusual at least, there's nothing on the net it has to search for I think. Did you scan the archive for a virus? Maybe you got a virus attached to it along the way...
Saphire is offline                         Send a private message to Saphire