Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-05-2005, 03:42 AM   #51

The SimCity series isn't generally made for the typical gamer. It's made more for those who want to create. The typical gamer wants to solve the puzzle, beat the bad guy, etc. The Sim series are generally more artistic. It's about the story, not the solution.

Old 23-05-2005, 08:36 AM   #52
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Oh so that's why I never was any good at SimCity 2000, then. I'm just not an artistic type.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 13-08-2005, 03:17 PM   #53
Coganthegreat

I love that game! I have it for PC and I play it all the time. The playstation verison sucks! Its very slow which makes it boring.
Coganthegreat is offline                         Send a private message to Coganthegreat
Old 14-08-2005, 11:45 PM   #54
strangelove
Abandonia nerd

Great game, far better than the sequel. I preferred the graphics in this version and it didn't have those utterly awful 'amusing' advisor pictures or the incredibly irritating scrolling ticker full of jokes that the developers thought were absolutely rib tickling but were incredibly unfunny. Being able to add in landmarks wasn't all it was cracked up to be, for instance they didn't actually do anything, though it was nice to be able to design your own buildings.

This is definitely the best version of the Simcity franchise that I've played, it's lean, fast and utterly addictive. It was also the first PC game I ever saw and made me decide that I needed a pc!
strangelove is offline                         Send a private message to strangelove
Old 26-08-2005, 09:26 AM   #55
Atreides
Talking

Ah, SimCity 2000. One of the first and best games I ever played. I was probably about 7. 1997. Y'see? We had a computer a bit behind the times, but this game ran fine, and honestly, I must have played it for hundreds of hours. And then the way that you can fly in your cities in SimCopter, and drive in them in Streets of SimCity, it's brilliant. EA has kinda killed the original Maxis style with these new games, like they killed the Westwood style in the Command & Conquer games. The llamas are classic. Must dig out my CD of SimCity. Haven't played it in years and years. Bought Half-Life 2 recently with the 1998 Half-Life original. Still gives new games a run for their money in terms of actual story and gameplay, if not so much in graphics. Ah, nostalgia and reminiscences. Good stuff.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:51 PM   #56
Guest_Mark

Arco's.....

I cannot recall ever seeing an Arco actually launch, but I was told that they do. Can anyone confirm?

Old 06-10-2005, 12:57 PM   #57
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Yup, they can! I built a whole city with nothing but Arcos (but only one type can lift off) and at some point they simply flew into space (it took me 8 days altogeter to get that far - the computer was always turned on - 192 hours strait).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 06-10-2005, 12:59 PM   #58
trick400

What are the conditions to get them to launch?

Thanks
trick400 is offline                         Send a private message to trick400
Old 06-10-2005, 01:20 PM   #59
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

I've gotten bored of this game. All I like to do is load a default big city and stick the spider monster to kill everyone. Fun.

As for the Acros. Aren't they called Dark Arcos?
Old 06-10-2005, 01:40 PM   #60
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by trick400@Oct 6 2005, 02:59 PM
What are the conditions to get them to launch?

Thanks
To be hones I don't know. I remember I had the whole city filled with the (only
Arcos and roads between them) - and at one point they simply took off. But it did take a long time. I know I haven't changed anything in the city for le last 6 hours of play (so after the city was full of arcos it took 6 hours to meet the conditions - whatever they were). The manual doesn't say anything either.
But all must be the same (the ones that look like they got a flying saucer on the top - others won't fly).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos