Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-09-2005, 07:17 PM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Default Champions of Krynn

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 24-01-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 04-09-2005, 10:53 PM   #2
The_Mofo

Whenever I try and create a character it says "unexpected error during save: 3hali" I've tried everything I know to do, anyone know how to help? :help:

Old 05-09-2005, 01:52 AM   #3
Zakhal

Good oldie. I allready have the entire gold box collection though (+hillsfar) and many of the novels too. To get the max out of the entire series I suggest reading the books while playing the games (i.e Pool of radiance & the novel of the same name). The krynn series seriously req you to read the dragon series of books. They were one of my favorites. Soulforge or somthing was the first (raistlin in the mage academy).

Currently I have played though Pool of radiance and hillsfar. My chars have been stuck in the curse for quite somtime. Gotta bail them out sooner or later.

(Last spring I also bought the entire baldur's gate & icewind dale collection. Gotta play the gold box through first though. )
Zakhal is offline                         Send a private message to Zakhal
Old 05-09-2005, 02:06 AM   #4
Krysty

These old games are picky about where you put them in the directory. Make sure your COK folder is under your main directory C:\COK. The save error should resolve. k:

Old 05-09-2005, 02:07 AM   #5
Zakhal

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Mofo@Sep 4 2005, 10:53 PM
Whenever I try and create a character it says "unexpected error during save: 3hali" I've tried everything I know to do, anyone know how to help? :help:
Sounds like the game configuration file is not right. The directory into which the game saves the character files is not correct in the cfg-file.

All you need to do is edit the .cfg file (or whatever the configuration file is) with notepad. Make sure the drive letter and game directore are correct.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:20 AM   #6
The Mofo

I've tried all that stuff and none of it works unfortunatly.

Old 05-09-2005, 03:54 AM   #7
soviet conscript

i had the same problem, tried changeing the cfg and still same error
after i reinstalled it straight to the c: drive though it worked fine, just can't seem to make it work on anouther hard drive or from something more organized...like a dragonlance file where i can put all 3, oh well

Old 05-09-2005, 04:39 AM   #8
Zakhal

Weird. The older games Pool of Radiance and Curse of azure bonds save just fine into any directory. For instance my curse cfg file (if its any help):

E
P
C:\GAMES\CURSE\SAVE\
F
Old 05-09-2005, 05:20 AM   #9
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

You need to change the path!

But make sure you don't use folder names longer then 8 characters! It does work and you can change it to anything you want - but if you have more then 8 characters put in first 6, then make a ~ and put in 1
But I'm really not sure what happens if you put it on any other drive then C (I suggest using DOSBox).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 05-09-2005, 01:19 PM   #10
Berad

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Mofo@Sep 4 2005, 10:53 PM
I had the same problem, but all I had to do to fix it was move the "Cok" folder to C:. Are you sure you didn't extract it into another folder like:
C:\Games\Cok
-or-
C:\Cok\Cok?

Note: When I tried to use the qoute, I accidentaly hit "Report" and made the post. I have no idea what it did but I figured I'd best throw it out there.