Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
wh1sp3r1k

Default 3D FPS Adventure old game name

Hello,trying to remind a name of a game I played when i was young. I will try to describe as much as I remember.

It was a game for Windows, older game, game was 3D ( it was using DX6,7,8 i think, no shadows, no lights ), It was first person game. You were able to shoot with a bow or use your sword. You were usually killing a lots of creatures, bats but also you had to solve lot of puzzles so it was a adventure game perhaps. Scene were usually dark, there were differenc sceries .. trees, terrain .. but also you were in catacombs. There were a visible fog after some distance.

i played it ... 10+years ago, so perhaps, game is much older.
That's all i remember, also ,, yes, i haven't finished that game and i would like to I have tried to search images on google, but nothing similar to my game i played. Thank you . i would be happy to play that game again
wh1sp3r1k is offline                         Send a private message to wh1sp3r1k
Old 28-01-2014, 01:38 AM   #2
Megaten
Abandonia nerd

Do you by any chance know if it was an original engine or based on one of those "make your own FPS" programs? Was it pure 3D (Quake, Half-life, etc) or sprite-based (Doom, Heretic/Hexen, etc)?

Do you remember the nature of the puzzles? Were they all "find the item needed to fix the switch needed to open the door", or did some perhaps open up sub-screens/minigames? Was there an inventory?

What about actions that would be considered non-standard at the time? Jumping, alternate modes of fire, special powers, blocking, etcetra.

Game modes/types, too, if you can recall any - multiplayer, character select, difficulty modes, notable features of the options/config screen, that sort of thing.
Megaten is offline                         Send a private message to Megaten
Old 28-01-2014, 07:39 AM   #3
Japo
Autonomous human

Was it an RPG?

These are for DOS but anyway:
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/27...ll%2C+The.html
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/19...na%2C+The.html

Was it real continuous 3D, or did you move square by square like in this one:
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/46...+of+Chaos.html
Old 28-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #4
wh1sp3r1k

Hi,

i think, it was full 3d game, no sprites. i don't know what type of the engine it was, but i don't think it was created by game maker. On the other forum, they mentioned games like

King's Field
Hexen 2
Descent to Undermountain
Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny
Arx Fatalis

i think, it was like King's Field 4. Arx fatalis also looks good, but the puzzle mechanic was much simplier in my game. So i bet my game was released around year 2000.

I started outside, it was dark night, i can remember few trees and brown wood houses with enemies like bat or warriors/skeleton, who knows. It was not fastpaced action. Sometimes i had to use a story walkthough becuase i was lost. I remember another level ... bright walls, it looked like maze. it was somekind of dungeon.

Also, on the other forum, they mentioned "Arthur's Quest: Battle for the Kingdom", but no, it's not that game.

Game was not RPG, i don't remember any stats or levels.

Last edited by wh1sp3r1k; 28-01-2014 at 10:10 AM.
wh1sp3r1k is offline                         Send a private message to wh1sp3r1k
Old 28-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Could it be Thief: The Dark Project?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-01-2014, 05:11 AM   #6
Megaten
Abandonia nerd

Full 3D, like KF/AF, no stats...hmm.

I don't think it's the game you're looking for, but maybe take a glimpse at Dawn of Darkness, a Quake 2 mod that might have been distributed as a standalone at some point (probably the mod combined with the Quake 2 demo). It might jar another memory loose. The one you're thinking of was graphically cruder, right?

Do you remember where you got the walkthrough - GameFAQs, a more obscure site, maybe something that came with the game?

What about melee combat - simple sword-slashing, or something a bit more dynamic with multiple kinds of attacks depending on your actions?
Megaten is offline                         Send a private message to Megaten
Old 29-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #7
wh1sp3r1k

"Do you remember where you got the walkthrough"?

I think yes, it's a Czech website, there are tons of walkthoughs.

Melee combat was simple sword slashing.

"Thief: The Dark Project"

I know Thiefs game, it's not that game.

"It might jar another memory loose"

yeah, and at the and i realize, it was in my dream, lol.
No, lol, I am sure I played it. But it's about 10 years ago and I played it only once.

Question is, where I found that game .. I think it was on CD/DVD of magazine, but problem is, these magazines have no archives, or they have, but only for 12 magazines. But this info is not important as it was Czech game magazine.

So let's check my website and all walkthoughts if i can find my game, lol .. they are ton of games.
Old 29-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #8
wh1sp3r1k

pf, I went though all my magazine disks with full games .. only one game I found that is Arx Fatalis. I tried it and now i am sure, it's not the game I played.

Have you been ever so mad about not remembering sometimes and you had to search and search ... it's like obsession, lol
Old 10-02-2014, 08:56 PM   #9
wh1sp3r1k

Any new ideas ?
Old 16-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #10
Bouchart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh1sp3r1k View Post
Any new ideas ?
Shadowcaster?
Bouchart is offline                         Send a private message to Bouchart