Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-01-2005, 11:01 PM   #11
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

We're slooowly doing an overdue spring cleaning on our garage. Among the stuff I unearthed was a complete hint guide to SLoH. It would take a good deal of writing and time to convert it into a file, but are the admins here interested in that sort of thing? If so, I'll do it.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 14-01-2005, 02:07 PM   #12
hellokits

how do i finish the first mission, with the wall thing. I have the rag with the sheep drool and automobile oil. But I just cant get the wall cleaned up.
hellokits is offline                         Send a private message to hellokits
Old 28-01-2005, 07:25 AM   #13
Razer
Forum hobbit

Your forgetting to get the loam from the plant at the church in sector 2d

Razer is offline                         Send a private message to Razer
Old 01-03-2005, 02:55 AM   #14
Earthbound_X
Lurker

I can't get the sound to work :not_ok: , when I press it in the options menu, it does nothing.
Just a note, when I load the game, it says it can't find the restart.dat. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I felt I should note it.
Please help, this game seems really cool, but I hate playing games with no sound.

Thanks!
Earthbound_X is offline                         Send a private message to Earthbound_X
Old 02-03-2005, 08:14 PM   #15
Cowowar
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthbound_X@Mar 1 2005, 02:55 AM
I can't get the sound to work :not_ok: , when I press it in the options menu, it does nothing.
Just a note, when I load the game, it says it can't find the restart.dat. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I felt I should note it.
Please help, this game seems really cool, but I hate playing games with no sound.

Thanks!
i'm having the exact same problems :ranting:
Cowowar is offline                         Send a private message to Cowowar
Old 16-03-2005, 08:36 PM   #16
Llyanatc

I had the same problem, but I found a way to fix it. The problem is that all the data files are write-protected. You have to go to My Computer, find the file you put the game in and check the properties of the game files. Uncheck the "Read Only" box on any .dat or .ed files or anything else that looks like you should be able to write to it, then run the install program. Change the settings to use Adlib or Soundblaster. Use the default IRQ and other settings. This should also solve the restart.dat problem.

Old 25-03-2005, 01:19 AM   #17
tim

I bought this game when it came out, but lost it a few years ago. There is lots of sound in the game. Each character and monster has at least one sound. Also there is sound on the intro and the adventure part of the game. There is more than 5 MB worth of sound. There's something wrong with this copy. Maybe some sound and music was on the audio track?

Old 07-04-2005, 08:48 AM   #18
Tyco

Actually, there's about 180MB of audio data (probably uncompressed) on the CD, which is mostly filled with cheesy(but actually not really that bad) voice acting.
Also, the best part of this game is the MASSIVE, and I truly mean MASSIVE, amount of puns for humor. Most of the jokes are true forehead-slappers. It's absolutely beautiful, and one of my favorite games of alltime.

Old 07-04-2005, 08:53 AM   #19
Tyco

sorry for the double post, I don't have an account here so I can't edit my last one. I just noticed the download for this game is only about 6MB, which would include all the files for the game except the voices. If any site admin can reasonably prove to me that this game truly is abandonware, I'll supply them with the voice data file, and instructions on how to modify the game to use the voice data files off the HD instead of the CD (back in that day, no one had 180MB of hard drive space to spare for all that voice data, so they didn't even make it an option). The file would probably compress fairly well, as I imagine it's totally uncompressed voice data.

Contact info: etbrandes@hotmail.com. Might get filtered as junk, so send again if you get no response. I do truly want to provide this file for the small community of fans of this game... the voice samples make all the world of difference for this game; in fact I won't even play it without them.

Old 18-04-2005, 07:09 AM   #20

You can enable sound by removing the read-only status from the .ini file and then running the setup program.