Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-08-2008, 11:09 PM   #21
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

No, there is no way to enjoy IX even for the bugs, it hard locks too much. It hard locks when you do simple things like looking through a telescope five minutes into the game, every single time. It's unplayable.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 11-08-2008, 03:16 AM   #22
Ultimate Carl

System Shock. Bioshock was good, but not quite the same. I want a System Shock 3, thanks. With the awesome RPG elements and all. Oh, and actually make it scary this time. As a disclaimer, I actually still LOVED Bioshock.

Duke Forever as someone mentioned. Duke 3D was such a good game, and I haven't been able to bring myself to play more than an hour of any Duke game made since.

Took long enough for them to make Doom 3. I guess that's my longest actual wait for a sequel that really exists.

Sticking with ID software, where's my Heretic/Hexen RPG? You made Doom RPG, and then the same technology got used to make Orcs & Elves, which is medieval Doom RPG... Why couldn't you base it off of the original medieval Doom!? And, hell, now they're going with Wolfenstein RPG (which I'm STOKED for, admittedly)... But, come ON! Hexen even already HAS RPG elements! Can't we at least get a DS port of Doom/Wolf RPG?

But most importantly...

Where's my sequel to Rune: Viking Warlord!?
Ultimate Carl is offline                         Send a private message to Ultimate Carl
Old 11-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #23
Panthro
Man of Science

One of the reasons I'm anxious about the FO3 release is Bioshock, which promised to be more and different than system shock 3, but was in fact SS2 cut down and underwater.

I was also annoyed by its DRM, but now I don't think thats so bad 'cos I've only played it once through anyway, so if I can never install it again I'll not mind.

I also take great offence to being told you'd have choices and non-linear pathways, but instead you get a quite horrificly annoying plot twist...
Panthro is offline                         Send a private message to Panthro
Old 11-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #24
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I think the biggest reason to be worried about FO3 is that the developing company has shown that their last two RPGs were aimed towards incompetent morons.

Also they think that the FP view makes a game more "immersive" because having idiotic NPCs with atrocious AI, boring aimless schedules and a horribly dull game world with nothing in it that doesn't show through the seams is somehow more immersive than one of the most atmospheric RPGs ever.

Fallout was pretty much butchered permanently after PoS came out, Tactics was a decent spin-off but then it went down hill. FO3 is just more people who don't know anything about the license having their way with it.

My Site -
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 11-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #25
Panthro
Man of Science

I've been watching the progress of FO3 through the eyes of NMA, who I trust to cut through the hype. (I've seen the Avatar avatar there... would that be you BP? I'm merely a long time lurker...)

And I can always play the original two, although it does seem a shame that modern developers can't create that quality now.

I still remember before Oblivion was released, and being shown in a gameplay video a shopkeeper having a full day of activities, showing that the world exists without you, which didn't seem to make it to the full game, at least in no way that could be identified. Surely that wasn't too hard? I mean to a certain extent Ultima did it perfectly well, esp. U7.

Anyway, this wasn't supposed to be a rant about Bethesda!

Back on topic I think.

I want a sequel to Baldurs Gate 2! or at least something done to that level... (I hear good noises about Dragon Age, despite the silly plot videos that have been shown so far.)
Old 11-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #26
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yeah, that's me on NMA.
Those AI E3 videos Bethesda made were all scripted, which is astounding, how did they think anyone wouldn't notice that upon release?

My Site -
Old 11-08-2008, 10:17 PM   #27
Panthro
Man of Science

You say that but, how many reviews still gave it 10/10 or equivalent despite it not living up to its promises?
Old 11-08-2008, 10:49 PM   #28
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

BUT IT HAS SHINY 123049823429038630498 POLYGONS AN AWSUM WATER OMG. HOW CAN YOU NOT GIVE IT 10/10 uppercase filter override
Old 11-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #29
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
You say that but, how many reviews still gave it 10/10 or equivalent despite it not living up to its promises?
Because they can't tell the difference between what's "fun" and what's "good" a reviewer's job is to technically dissect a game, not just decided if it's fun to play. Oblivion was a disaster in that respect. Everything about it is broken, from the most simple game mechanics to the visuals.

Unfortunatly, the gaming press is run by idiots.

My Site -
Old 12-08-2008, 01:48 AM   #30
JJXB
Pi-voh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood-Pigggy View Post
Unfortunatly, the gaming press is run by idiots.
Quoted for truth. anyway it has to either be Diablo III or fallout 3. hoping bethesda don't screw up or *sharpens factory blunted samurai swords*
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB