Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #11
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wendymaree @ Apr 1 2007, 11:40 AM) [snapback]285749[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I've bought some of the latest adventure games but they're so banal and pointless, the characters are just walking pixels wandering around a fantastic looking background. I'd love to discover a new game that gave as much joy as the first two. In adventure games it's all about the story and the characters. If these are weak, then everything becomes meaningless.
[/b]
hmm hard to supply new stories... especially on the "who done it" theme. also hard to come up with new puzzles that wouldnt' be easy for old gamers to firgure out.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 01-04-2007, 05:15 PM   #12
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

@wendymaree@geezer: guys... you should try myst series (third one was best imo)
Old 02-04-2007, 02:24 AM   #13
faeornran
Forum hobbit

I have a Wii. My favorite game is Trauma Center.

Why? Because it feels like I'm actually operating on someone who WILL DIE if I don't correctly perform surgery on them.

It's intense, nonviolent, and altogether brilliant. A shining example of video games.

There *could* be a number of things done better, though. For example, they had generic "people" who you performed surgery on- it was an expressionless body, essentially. Hehe. The way the story was written was also ridiculously cheesy, but the laughing it gave me added to the experience

Wii ftw.
faeornran is offline                         Send a private message to faeornran
Old 02-04-2007, 04:56 AM   #14
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

I agree Exile is the best of the three, R.U.S.S., but I couldn't finish it. What was the story? You had to find a missing linking book and rescue someone? Can't even remember it. I think 2D games set on a smaller scale and where there are suprises in nearly every screen are more fun in a way. Although the fan-made Every Cloak Has a Silver Lining - done in 3D - still has the same cosy feel but more depth - appears that way from the demo, anyway - so maybe it just depends how you structure the game. Speaking of which, is it ever going to be finished? That'd be one I'd like to play.

Edit
Just found this on their website: 'We thrive to become....a people's company, because we consider ourselves the same people who crave for those things we all want in a game, which normal companies never seem to deliver.'
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree