Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-04-2005, 02:11 AM   #1
grubbybee
Lurker

I got a question or an issue we could talk about ... I was thinking how smoking is the most primitive way to inhale a substance. What do you think? I mean imagine inhaling the essence of any plant without the smoke. I was just doing some reading about this topic here:
http://air-2.com/why_vaporize.php
grubbybee is offline                         Send a private message to grubbybee
Old 09-04-2005, 02:13 AM   #2
irrelevantjet
Abandonia nerd

are you suggesting a more trendier version of killing yourself slowly?
irrelevantjet is offline                         Send a private message to irrelevantjet
Old 09-04-2005, 02:22 AM   #3
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Smoking is the most primitive way known to man to inhale a substance.
I wonder what "substance" that would be.

This device is kind of senseless. (as is this thread IMHO)

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 09-04-2005, 02:29 AM   #4
irrelevantjet
Abandonia nerd

.... this is just a plug for that website...

shameless advertising!!!
irrelevantjet is offline                         Send a private message to irrelevantjet
Old 09-04-2005, 02:35 AM   #5
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Gasp :blink:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 09-04-2005, 02:40 AM   #6
Evad
Game freak

umm...you guys have never used a vapourizer?? try it it is cool. you taste the essence of the "substance" but it doesn't burn or irritate your throat like the smoke does...personally i loved it. And the effects seemed more intense, may have been placebo..I haven't read the site, but from what I know it burns the "substance" more efficiently, enough to release the chemicals, but not enough for it to combust and create smoke.
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad
Old 09-04-2005, 02:49 AM   #7
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Hang on a tic, I think this raises an interesting question. This need not be associated with hallucinogenics, drugs, cigarettes or anything illegal or harmful. Many plants have healing qualities. For example, I sometimes experience breathing difficulties yet it's not asthma, so I can't get relief from ventolin. However, if I boil up eucalyptus leaves (gum leaves) in a large saucepan and then inhale the steam, it helps a lot. I often notice that I can breathe easier in a forested area. Inhaling the vapors of *some* plants can be beneficial. I thought the concept of using a vaporiser with herbal remedies an interesting solution for many health problems. When in hospital once - for some lung problem - I had to breathe in the vapor of some chemical concocction from a jug with a towel over my head. So using vaporisation is an approved medical solution for certain health problems. But using plants with appropriate healing qualities, (like eucalyptus) instead of chemicals, would be much more beneficial, I think.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 09-04-2005, 03:11 AM   #8
Chris
Abandonia Homie

you're naturally right saying that there are many useful applications for such a device. i see it mainly in its "bad" context, but i might not be the right to turn to with aromatic therapy. re-reading the site i noticed the company expressivly does not claim any medical use from it. to me it seems to be not more than an advertisement, and i wonder what kind of business such an annoucement would have in a forum like this one. but maybe i just didn't get the point. you've just convinced me that there might be some interest in this topic.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 09-04-2005, 03:18 AM   #9
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Oh, that's good you're open to it, Bobbin. I noticed that the site also suggests using their vaporisors for aromatherapy. Araomatherapists are very popular over here as many people claim this avenue of healing has made a difference. It would be a nice way to fill the place you live with delicious aromas. You can do this by burning oil essences, too, I know. The site does advertise the product, but it's an interesting one and the concept of using it as an alternative healing device fascinates me, as I've never had satisfaction from mainstream medicine.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 11-04-2005, 07:20 AM   #10
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

This is also the way in which some people with atritis or reuma use cannabis to relieve their pain. At least in the Netherland this medi-weed is perscribed in some cases, but to prevent people from having to smoke, they use a vaporizer.
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup