Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-09-2005, 03:29 PM   #121
Weta

I know this game isn't downloadable here, but I thought I'd just help out all those people with the .c error in their installs.

The reason this happens is because the simulated DOS environment you've created with DOSbox is incorrectly structured. Presumably to load the disk you have mounted D: as D:, but now you are telling the program to write to your C: drive, which DOSbox has never heard of. To get around this, mount both disks, using a frontend if this is all a bit confusing (I recommend D-Fend).

Once you have both C: and D: mounted (as literally themselves), voila.
Weta is offline                         Send a private message to Weta
Old 14-09-2005, 05:11 PM   #122
Swarog

I actually own the game, have the original box with pentagram coin and map, but on diskettes!! All 8 are accounted for but nr. 7 seems to have some glitch so it doesn't install... I loved it.

Old 14-09-2005, 06:10 PM   #123
BLOODUK
Game freak

I used to play this game so many times and for so long, it was one of
the best ultima's in the series
BLOODUK is offline                         Send a private message to BLOODUK
Old 14-09-2005, 10:38 PM   #124
Swarog

Okay, couldn't resist. After getting two spanissh version i finally got ahold of an english one. Downloaded this Dosbox-thingie too, and even got the came running. Slow as hell, the music is choppy, and it only displays in a window the size of my palm... using XP btw... tried running it straight from the XP DOS promt but got some error message or other. Pressing f7,f8,f11,f12 does absolutely nothing.... oh well... :ranting:

Old 15-09-2005, 02:44 PM   #125

Is there some free-download links ?

Old 15-09-2005, 04:04 PM   #126
Gamefreak

Quote:
Originally posted by Swarog@Sep 14 2005, 10:38 PM
Okay, couldn't resist. After getting two spanissh version i finally got ahold of an english one. Downloaded this Dosbox-thingie too, and even got the came running. Slow as hell, the music is choppy, and it only displays in a window the size of my palm... using XP btw... tried running it straight from the XP DOS promt but got some error message or other. Pressing f7,f8,f11,f12 does absolutely nothing.... oh well... :ranting:
Maximize the DosBox to full screen with ALT+Enter, and increase the speed of DosBox emulation, thus the speed of the game, with CTRL+F12 (decrease with CTRL+F11).
And don't play it in Windows XP, complete waste of time.

Old 15-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #127
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Sep 15 2005, 02:44 PM
Is there some free-download links ?
No, sorry.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 17-09-2005, 10:21 PM   #128
need help

hey i have pagan on CD and i ahve DOS box and can install te game fine but when i try to run it, it says program halted by code, does anyone know how to fix it?

thanks

Old 18-09-2005, 06:15 AM   #129
Gamefreak

When you install the game from CD, it has to decompress the shapes-file at the first start, and if the decompression isn't finished because freezed, as it is the case in DosBox, then the game isn't playable anymore - file damaged, and you need to install it again.
And if you start the game first time in Windows XP or Windows 98, the game won't even start there, so there is a dilemma.
You would need a boot-disc with pure DOS to start the game first time and let it decompress the shapes-file completely, but be sure to set the sound and music as "none" in the setup before running it, as the game starts afterwards and in boot disc there are no drivers for soundcard unless you add some yourself. And you need to let the game start after unpacking to complete the it. After that you can quit the game via ALT+X and run the game without problems in DosBox from now on.

Old 26-09-2005, 11:22 PM   #130
Meganekko

HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD THE GAME!?!

I want to get the Ultima 7 & 8 on this site, but there is no link in the page to download the file!

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK!

When I went to that page, it says uploaded by Freddy, but where can I download it? There's no link, no button, nothing~!

Do I need to register to the site? Log-in to make a "download button" appear? Or is it written in a font too small for the naked eye?