Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-08-2007, 06:20 AM   #411
kbutcher5

This game is so awesome, love it, played it as a kid and bought it like 3 times to be able to play it again :P
kbutcher5 is offline                         Send a private message to kbutcher5
Old 24-08-2007, 12:34 PM   #412
andy_blah

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 19 2007, 10:48 PM) [snapback]305566[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
hi
i have the transport tycoon deluxe cd but have windows xp, but obviously trying to install the game doesnt work and i get to the install screen and theres a nice unavoidable freeze without me being able to do anything but turn the computer off.

but anyway thats not even really my point i have downloaded the version from this website, done a whole load of crap and spent an hour checking this forum and trying out anything.

pleeeeeeeeeeeease help me.

basically i've done everything that should be done, but when i click on the game it says "unable to access transport tycoon deluxe cd", for many of you this may be very annoying as you've heard this question so many times but seriously what do i do? does anyone know in simple terms (im no pc dunce but this seems pretty rocketsciency to me) what to do? or does anyone know where i can get a version of this game where i can just download it, click an install file and wahey game presto rather than messing about with registry things and all else?

greatly appreciated if so xxxxx
[/b]
As arand said, another 2 alternatives would be ethier OpenTTD or TTDPatch, but I recommend you OpenTTD. If you need help with those just look into my profile and add me on MSN Messenger
andy_blah is offline                         Send a private message to andy_blah
Old 29-08-2007, 10:11 AM   #413
kbutcher5

For anyone who loved this game, i have tried Open TTD, and it really gives the game a facelife, it has online lobbies, new crafts, new build styles and alot more without even ruining the game.
This game is the best and the first of it's kind, nad i love that people still play it, it deffinately has to be oine of the most successfull games ever.
If you wanna play it, with a lot more capabilities, including an expanded multiplayer function, try out Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe or OTTD as it is called :P

OTTD: http://openttd.org/
Game files, including the one needed for OTTD: http://tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3407

Enjoy i know i did
kbutcher5 is offline                         Send a private message to kbutcher5
Old 31-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #414

I dont know if its just me but my mouse runs very slowly on this game... its hard to click somewhere as it always slides on the side... I looked for an option to increase the speed but I couldnt find one. Is there a patch or a way to fix this? Thanks!

Old 31-08-2007, 01:49 PM   #415
Matt Samyel
Forum hobbit

You have got slow computer, haven't you?
or fast?
Matt Samyel is offline                         Send a private message to Matt Samyel
Old 31-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #416

My computer is fast. It can run games like The Sims 2 without a problem. As soon as I go back into Windows everything is fine.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #417
Unhappy

Hi I have an old version on CD, 1995 with world editor. It has to run off of DOS, but i have lost the instruction manual and don't know how to install it. Anyone know where or how to install this classic game?

Cheers

Old 04-09-2007, 11:02 PM   #418
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Use DOSBox if you don't have access to DOS and are using Windows XP. As for the installation in itself, it's just as easy to install in DOS than it is in Windows, except that you have a lot more typing to do. If you have any questions about that, just ask here again.

And as for the other guest who have a mouse problem: look here. It was sitting there for you in the troubleshooting archive, quite clearly labelled...
Old 04-09-2007, 11:13 PM   #419
wordscankill

I installed DOSBox using Abandonia's very own handy-dandy tutorial and was able to then use the TTDX disc to install it on to there and it's been running perfectly.
wordscankill is offline                         Send a private message to wordscankill
Old 16-09-2007, 09:05 PM   #420

get TTDPatch: www.ttdpatch.net and run game everytime with ttdpatchw.exe so TTDX will work without dosbox on XP/Vista