Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-12-2006, 12:02 AM   #1
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik
Default Requests

This topic should be used to ask for permission to share your ISO's with the rest of us.

Your first stop should always be the AW List. If your game is shown as either Abandonware or Freeware, then you may give us a link to where others can download the game. Unfortunately, we can't host all of these ISO's ourselves, so we recommend free hosting sites, such as RapidShare and MegaUpload.

We also accept ED2K torrent links to ISO's that fall under the above criteria.

If, however, the game is either listed as Unknown or not even listed in the AW List all together, then you may not supply a link to the game. In those cases, simply alert us that you want to share the game in question, and we will look closer into it. Once the status for the game is discovered, we will either give you a green light, or turn down your offer.

Do not, under any circumstances try to share games that are marked as Sold or Protected. Doing so will result in strict punishments.

You may also share your own copies of games already mentioned in this forum. The more working CD Images we have, the better - right?
New copies of games already in this forum can also be shared inside those games' topics in this forum.

The AB crew will create appropriate game topics as new games and links are shared via this topic, or move new links to the initial post of the respective games.
Old 18-12-2006, 11:44 PM   #2
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

What's with Old Time Baseball? It is on the Help Us page but not on the AW list.
Old 19-12-2006, 12:49 AM   #3
Gargantuan Orangutan
Super Freak

How about Sanitarium? That was recently uploaded and added to ISO Art.
Gargantuan Orangutan is offline                         Send a private message to Gargantuan Orangutan
Old 19-12-2006, 12:31 PM   #4
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

After doing a more thorough search, I am pleased to announce that both Old Time Baseball and Sanitarium are listed as Abandonware in the AW List.
Old 19-12-2006, 04:37 PM   #5
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I found yet another site that has Under A Killing Moon (abandoned according to The List) and it's a fairly recent addition to that site, BUT: It's another one of them torrent sites that probably offer warez as well. I would really like to see some link to this game, and I hope this can be sorted out.

Yes I know I'm nagging
Old 19-12-2006, 04:50 PM   #6
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I will bring it up for Kosta as soon as I spot him, don't you worry

However, remember that ED2K links are alright, though. You might be able to contribute such a link. That is, if you find one.
Old 19-12-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
Gargantuan Orangutan
Super Freak

I recently came across this thread on HOTU regarding 1NSANE, a game I know very little about really, but there appears to be a full download online. It's not covered in the AW list though. May be an issue of concern with Starforce 3 though.

Also there's Trackmania Nations. Not listed in the AW list either. By the looks of it, it's freeware.
Gargantuan Orangutan is offline                         Send a private message to Gargantuan Orangutan
Old 19-12-2006, 06:04 PM   #8
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Regarding 1NSANE, the simplest solution would be to contact Codemasters, and ask them.

As for Trackmania Nations, it's not a CD Image, is it? If Trackmania Nations is indeed freeware, then that game (like America's Army) would be more appropriately shown on AR. If it isn't a CD Image, there is no reason to put it up in this forum.

Let's try to keep our focus on ISO's.
Old 19-12-2006, 06:51 PM   #9
Gargantuan Orangutan
Super Freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ Dec 19 2006, 11:04 AM) [snapback]272137[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Regarding 1NSANE, the simplest solution would be to contact Codemasters, and ask them.

As for Trackmania Nations, it's not a CD Image, is it? If Trackmania Nations is indeed freeware, then that game (like America's Army) would be more appropriately shown on AR. If it isn't a CD Image, there is no reason to put it up in this forum.

Let's try to keep our focus on ISO's.
[/b]

Uh, what do you mean?

MDK, Cannon Fodder 2, Lands of Lore and a couple others maybe are not CD images per se but complete copies of the program from the CD. I'm sure Elder Scrolls: Arena and some others you added are the same. Sometimes, though not that often, an actual CD image is not necessary.

But yeah, since Trackmania and American's Army were never released in stores, there's probably no reason to add them.

Anyway, what about Sophie's World? That's a FULL CD COPY btw, not a CD image. You still have to burn it though.
Old 19-12-2006, 07:27 PM   #10
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Sold