Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Have you have your Wisdom Teeth yanked?
Yes, all four 3 8.33%
Yes, but only three 1 2.78%
Yes, but only two 0 0%
Yes, but one one 6 16.67%
No, but I am going to get them out 3 8.33%
No, I'm one of those lucky people everyone hates who's wisdom teeth came in straight and had enough room in my mouth 14 38.89%
No, but I love taking Vicoden anyway 9 25.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2005, 04:00 AM   #11
a1s
Hero Gamer

I know you'll think I'm lame, but which ones are the wise ones? :blink:
anyway, I have all my teeth except for one, so there's a 1 in 8 chance I had to answer d. and 7/8 chance of f
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 12-07-2005, 04:12 AM   #12
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by a1s@Jul 11 2005, 09:00 PM
I know you'll think I'm lame, but which ones are the wise ones? :blink:
anyway, I have all my teeth except for one, so there's a 1 in 8 chance I had to answer d. and 7/8 chance of f
the call them wisdom teeth because they are the last molars to come break through the gums, locate at the very back of your jaw. Most of the time they become impacted, or you simply do not have evnouhg room in your mouth so they grow crooked and you have to get them removed or you could have permenant nerve damage or something...not good. I had all four at once yay me!
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 12-07-2005, 04:29 AM   #13
Triton

I'm still waiting for my other three to come in. I've felt them coming for a long time, and one hurts.

Old 12-07-2005, 10:21 AM   #14
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

I've been having trouble with my teeth all my life. I've had a large number pulled, and even more surgically removed from my jaw :tai:
But, on the bright side, my wisdom teeth will propably never come out
Old 12-07-2005, 11:49 AM   #15
Rinforzando
Forum hobbit

I've never had trouble with wisdom teeth. :bleh: Although a few years ago, one of my teeth came out sideways instead of up. It was gruesome to look at, but actually not that painful. That was the only tooth I had to have yanked.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #16
omg
Games Master

its times like this im glad that i have underdeveloped teeth, with one milk tooth still there, and only half of one wisdom tooth
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 12-07-2005, 12:18 PM   #17
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

I've all my 32 tooths!

I'm glad (and lucky, of course!) that the wisdom ones didn't tortured me...
Old 12-07-2005, 03:36 PM   #18
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

This Monday I'm getting all 4 pulled at once, whoo, not lookin forward to that <_<.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 12-07-2005, 04:30 PM   #19
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathDude@Jul 12 2005, 08:36 AM
This Monday I'm getting all 4 pulled at once, whoo, not lookin forward to that <_<.
have they broken through the gums or not?

My bottom two had, but my top two weren't. I got an intravaneous anaesthetic, so the whole suregry felt about two seconds to me (it was so wonderful!) I got home, and my surgeon said because I have a very high drug tolerance, to take two vicoden, so I was really really loopy all yesterday. I'm pretty good now though. My surgeon is one of the top five in the US, so I don't have any swelling or bruising at all. The whole operation took about thirty minutes to cut in and extract all four. The only thing that is annoying is using the water pick to blast food out of the bottom gaps, but even that is kind of fun because I can shoot water at people from around corners

BUt I wish the best of luck to you Death Dude. When you get home, do the whole twenty minutes on, twenty minutes off with cold for the first day, and do the same with heat the next, and you shouldn't swell too much.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 12-07-2005, 04:53 PM   #20
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Well the ones on top have broken through but the ones on the bottom haven't so yeah funness, but thanks for the comments ReamusLQ I'll try your advice as well, definitely k:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude