Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-01-2008, 12:34 PM   #291
Driderman

I know this place where you can download it, Eagle....
Driderman is offline                         Send a private message to Driderman
Old 10-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #292
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

What? Where? I so want to find that place!

I already have it installed since a long time. It never leave my HD.

I started a newgame on the lowest difficulty rating, to get me back to speed. Nice to see that all what I learned something like 15 years ago easily come back to mind while I'm playing. I have a nice little nation now, looking good for indenpendance in about a hundred year from now.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #293
Incappucciato d'Ombra
A Shadow in the shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driderman View Post
So this has happened to you as well?
Yes, about 50% of the times i'd played :eek: (i always trade tons & tons of goods with indians).
Furthermore, if i remember well, 1 time happens that 2 indian nation had his civ level improved in the same game (call me the "indian civilizator" :cool
Incappucciato d'Ombra is offline                         Send a private message to Incappucciato d'Ombra
Old 10-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #294
Driderman

Right, so I guess we can rule out the possibility that it's a bug, concerning the indian civilization advance... As for that link for Colonization, I was actually under the impression that I downloaded it from Abandonia, my comment was meant as a joke. Although it seems now that I did not seeing as there is no download link for it...

Are you sure this game is ESA protected? Underdogs has a download for it. I'm pretty sure I found it on some other non-warez site though...

Edit: Oh, the Underdogs link is the Windows version... I hate that one. It works just fine, but I can't tolerate the graphics

Link deleted as requested

Last edited by Driderman; 10-01-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Driderman is offline                         Send a private message to Driderman
Old 10-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #295
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

:eek: Please delete that link. It's not protected, but sold at CDAccess.com [2] and Amazon.com [2] [3]. The buy it buttons together with the buy links got (accidently?) replaced by the ESA buttons during the relaunch.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #296
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Midget View Post
Random factor? It looks to me that the tile the attacker's on puts a lot of weight on the randomness scale. I found out (by reloading) there was no way in hell my dragoon could capture the settler, that is, not until I moved the dragoon to the next tile of same type, then I always won.... That's not much random.
Never checked it but it looks like anti-S/L device. It saves that randomness even if reloaded.... i am just saying, i clueless about the attacker´s tile... the defender´s tile is very important but attacker´s.... well as i said, i am clueless about attacker´s tiles.
laiocfar is offline                         Send a private message to laiocfar
Old 27-06-2008, 06:18 AM   #297
Wicky
the little viking

I heard about Sid Meier, that he's got an official sequel to Colonization in the works and the Civilization 4 graphic engine is used. It is said to come out in the 3rd quarter this year, with (hopefully) a multiplayer option.
Wicky is offline                         Send a private message to Wicky
Old 28-06-2008, 01:20 AM   #298
laiocfar
NOD Commander

That will be a good new.
laiocfar is offline                         Send a private message to laiocfar
Old 28-06-2008, 02:05 AM   #299
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

As I already said on AR Forums:
Quote:
I am also waiting, horrified.

Colonization is NOT a Civ clone! I am profoundly disturbed by the thought it will use the same engine...

Locomotion, the sequel to Transport Tycoon, is one of the most boring game I ever played. MOO3, the sequel which supposedly "renewed" the franchise, is one of the most boring game ever. UFO: Aftermath, which was supposed to be the best sequel of UFO: Ennemy Unknown, is also one of the most boring game I ever played.

All those games have one thing in common: they tryied to bring a 2D concept to life on a 3D engine.

They all failed. Miserably.
Old 28-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #300
Japo
Autonomous human

Ditto

Quote:
If you've played Colonization (or Freecol ), you'll know that a remake that uses the Civilization engine must be compared to the dozens of already existing Civilization (II, III and possibly IV) fan-made scenarios in colonial settings, and not to the original "Sid Meier's Colonization". As I said in my Freecol review, the dynamics in Colonization were completely different from all the Civilization series, Master of Magic etc. etc.
From my Freecol review in AR:

Quote:
Some of you will remember Sid Meier's Colonization, back from 1994. It was one of the descendants of world-famous Civilization, and arguably the most original of them, introducing in the field of strategy games concepts that regretfully haven't been revisited. [...]

For the ones unfamiliar with the original Colonization, the very basic ideas are similar to many "4X" and "God" games: build cities and fight with units. From this point on, however, this game departs from the cliché and turns into much more than a Civilization clone with a colonial setting.