Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #1
dos fan

I cannot switch over to the full screen mode in dos box.It gives an error message saying"exit to error:failed to create a rendering output".This has never happened before.What must i do to get it up and running?Please help me out.

Old 14-09-2005, 09:55 PM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

In general, always switch to fullscreen before running the game. That's what I do, otherwise sometime it lock up.

Another solution would be to start DOSBox in fullscreen by default. You can do that somewhere by editing the configuration file of DOSBox. I don't know where exactly tough it should be easy to understand and find. Probably something like "fullscreen=false" you need to turn to "fullscreen=true" or something similar.
Old 14-09-2005, 11:21 PM   #3
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

Eagle of Fire is right its in the dosbox.conf file

switch

''fullscreen=false'' to ''Fullscreen=true'' like he said
ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX
Old 15-09-2005, 11:21 AM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

There is also something in the DosBox.conf about output methods. Try changing the settings there.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-09-2005, 02:08 PM   #5
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Graphic rendering? Hmmm. If you are running XP you can try installing VDMsound then run it again; as VDMsound has some odd driver or something that Dos-box uses to sometimes fix this sort of problem.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 15-09-2005, 07:04 PM   #6
dos fan

you won't believe it !I had updated my intel video driver.I reinstalled it and switched over to the old version and hey presto! the problem vanished!!!.I have already written about my problems with jazz jackrabbit in xp(refer forum) (if i start it in full screen, it flips over when the game level starts).Now, that problem is almost solved, except that i get a cinemscope version of jazz jackrabbit!!(there is a white band above and below the game(previously it was much worse, the whole game flipped over sideways??!!).I think the whole problem lies with the video chip.Any ideas about which video chip to install and which would work for dos games.I am eagerly awaiting all your replies.Thank you!(my video chip is intel82865G graphics controller).

Old 15-09-2005, 08:00 PM   #7
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

You'd probably get more answers about this if you post in the Technical Issues forum instead of here.