Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
bobinator1992
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to bobinator1992 Send a message via AIM to bobinator1992 Send a message via MSN to bobinator1992 Send a message via Yahoo to bobinator1992 Send a message via Skype™ to bobinator1992
Default The Skunny series

Yesterday, I was thinking about games I played when I was little, and I remembered one particular series I used to play. It was this series called Skunny made by some company called Copysoft. They seem to be around, they have a website and you can still order their games (All Skunny), but they haven't lade any new games in almost 20 years.

So anyway, all of their games are about this squirrel guy named Skunny. There's 3 platformers, 2 arcade games, and a kart-racing game (a complete rip-off of Wacky Wheels, to boot.)

I guess people still buy them or else they'd put them out for free. But I just wanted to know: am I the only one who knows about these games? Has anyone else ever played them?
bobinator1992 is offline                         Send a private message to bobinator1992
Old 16-05-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
fender178
Abandonia nerd

I remember playing skunny Kart demo growing up and now I downloaded the full version from some other abandonware site I dont remember which one. Skunny Kart wasnt a bad game.
fender178 is offline                         Send a private message to fender178
Old 17-05-2008, 03:51 AM   #3
comandaben

Talking

heh :nuts: finally someone who also knows of the skunny games! i believe it was another thread where you can get a copy of all the skunny games (for free) and to save you the hassle here is the link.

Enjoy!

http://www.copysoft.com/ftp/pub/Skunny/
comandaben is offline                         Send a private message to comandaben
Old 17-05-2008, 05:59 AM   #4
bobinator1992
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to bobinator1992 Send a message via AIM to bobinator1992 Send a message via MSN to bobinator1992 Send a message via Yahoo to bobinator1992 Send a message via Skype™ to bobinator1992

Hey, awesome! Thanks!

Sadly they haven't aged very well compared to good ol' Commander Keen (which I also keep on my hard drive). Oh well, it's still better than Sonic.

I'll also never look at the words "sticky nut pudding" the same way again.
bobinator1992 is offline                         Send a private message to bobinator1992
Old 17-05-2008, 07:34 AM   #5
Scatty
Treasure hunter

I remember some of the Skunny games too. Skunny Kart, Skunny something Stole Our Pizzas, and some other platformer (Skunny Wild West as seeing from the list of games in the link) where he was jumping over green trees or something like that. Those Skunny games weren't as popular and widespread, during the MS-Dos time when I was in the middle of it, as other thousands of shareware games I had the pleasure of playing through, but still could be found here and there.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 07-06-2008, 12:52 AM   #6
Thraka
Forum hobbit

I really loved Skunny Kart and Wacky Wheels, but both are just rip-off's of Mario Kart. But they were still really good
Thraka is offline                         Send a private message to Thraka