Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-11-2004, 06:22 AM   #21
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Oh well, until someone can provide me with a manual I am just giving up on this game. Nothing seems to work, there is no explanation whatsoever to what is the difference in the different castle blocks (default, inward, outward, tower, etc), the ennemy can walk over water so you can't gain a clear advantage from building near water or by building moats and the advantage is clearly given to the attacker even if you do have a castle built.

It seems that the only way to win on this game is from attacking. It is unclear how I could manage that without angering the Pope tough.
Old 15-11-2004, 12:37 PM   #22
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Common man, if you're good at managment, I see no other problem. Lots of money and stocks mean much soldiers. Just produce knights and bowmen, (couple soldiers won't hurt too) and attack. You always attack with whole army and defend with half. When defending soldiers are twice as strong, but I see no use for that. Just attack quickly (read my previous post about Pope and happiness) and group your knights on side and attack his knights one-by-one (as much it is possible). I usually retreat and save my army when attacked and than counter-attack. Can't hurt if you have enough gold and iron. Give it a try, I was VERY confused with everything, just liked that part with those things that happenes to you (or your kingdom) from time to time. After some time I understood most of stuff in the game.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 15-11-2004, 08:47 PM   #23
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I already understood most of the basic things, but a lot of obscure options remain hidden. For example, I managed to catch from the safety code that if you police the realm you are less likely to lose your money in the black market. That kind of thing can only be found in the manual, and I am sure that a lot of such options are simply "hidden" from us at the moment.

I played a game based on offense (which is really not my style) and I managed to grab half of the map with the only other King as my ally at 9. Then the option to "claim" appeared and I had no idea what that was. It failed and the other king claimed the Kingship of England for him and I lost.

Again, stupid option that I had no clue about led me to defeat...

I think I prefer Castle instead of Castle 2. At least you had the advantage when defending. And it was more interesting to build your castle back then, which should be the main part of the game (but is not anymore).
Old 27-11-2004, 01:23 AM   #24
Lamo

Ok, I got about 40 minutes or so into the game, and now I can't attack. What the heck. Everything else is normal.

Old 27-11-2004, 01:27 AM   #25
Lamo

Never mind, I should have read more before posting

Old 28-11-2004, 02:16 AM   #26
Lamo

How do I get the sound to work? I remember the music was sweet but I can't get it to work. Thanks.

Old 04-12-2004, 09:44 PM   #27
zam

Use VDMSound

http://ntvdm.cjb.net/

Old 05-12-2004, 11:25 PM   #28

Well ive just started playing it and yes i think i might try the retreat option if attacked then counter - another point - cant find the manual anywhere on the net so you just have to figure it out.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:45 PM   #29
GrimStone
Lurker

I hope someone reads this.

I have castles2 and I payed for it LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG tima go. the 3.5 disk was ruined. and i lost the book.

Found the game!
but for the life of me. i can not get it to build a castle. I lay out the design and everything. but it never adds a brick. the land revolts. and i have to stomp them again.

also. any way to make burgandy stop with the threats?
Give me gold and i wont attack you.

*shake fist* Bring it on!
Pope is mad.
pope wants gold.
pesents revolt.
Burgandy wants gold
pope wants gold
GrimStone is offline                         Send a private message to GrimStone
Old 07-01-2005, 06:06 PM   #30

I have come to realise that this game is bull@#it.

the pope blessed all the AI and then BLEEDS you dry. in less than 5 min of time. "MY SINS" Cost me 8 gold. and all i had time to do was dig ONE GOD#$MN gold out of the #$cking ground.

mean time if the AI takes a piece of my land. oh well. but when i take it back. "Your Sins have not gone un noticed"
Anyone know a way arodn this?
other then NOT to play the Stupid @ss Game?