Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-02-2007, 01:11 AM   #1
Katherine

So I have 4 games two worked two did not... the 2 that did not are The Colonels Bequest and alone in the dark. It seems that they have downlaoded properly but evertime i click on the icons my screen blanks for a second and the goes right back to the screen that i started with... i tried all the icons for these two games and nothing seems to work... what am i doing worng!? I am using windows XP and i don't have DOS BOX and i haven't got any error messages just that it looks like its going to the game and then it just goes back to the screen that i started with

Old 02-02-2007, 01:27 AM   #2
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Katherine, I updated and reviewed The Colonel's Bequest, so I'm positive it does work - with DosBox. There are instructions on how to work DOS box here: http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=index&FAQ=1

The download for the program is here:
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/download.php?main=1
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 02-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You might want to check out the official DosBox FAQ, and particularly this part of it. It is quite helpful for users unfamiliar with DosBox.

I suggest you also read the pages about command line, internal programs (very important!) and the config file.

If that stuff is a bit too much for you, you might consider using one of the multiple frontend programs available.

It's all easier then it seems. So remember:
DON'T PANIC!!!

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman