Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #11
michi
Forum hobbit

ive found some tricks for the game in the mainroom with the options and the globe:

click on the different books in the right upper corner, you can click differen objects in this room.

the yellow one is a hintboob with 2 pages of tips, an in the right lower corner are cheats!
michi is offline                         Send a private message to michi
Old 27-11-2006, 03:34 PM   #12
HaloBreaker

Wow did all of us play this game when we were about 10 or what. It was on my ooolllddd Mac Performa 630 or another. It was great, although yes I don't think they play tested this enough everybody always ran out of energy.

Old 27-11-2006, 06:12 PM   #13

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HaloBreaker @ Nov 27 2006, 04:34 PM) [snapback]268935[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Wow did all of us play this game when we were about 10 or what. It was on my ooolllddd Mac Performa 630 or another. It was great, although yes I don't think they play tested this enough everybody always ran out of energy.
[/b]
I was 7 years old

Old 27-11-2006, 07:42 PM   #14
Windy

Wow, i never thought that many people liked this game, did everyone ever manage to win the game?... and could you win, im not going to download this, i dont have the patience to download 110 meg, but anyway i remember taking pics of i think they were velocraptors or something, i got extra points or something for taking a photo of it eating a dead thing
Windy is offline                         Send a private message to Windy
Old 27-11-2006, 09:27 PM   #15
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Ok, I'm lost here. It says I have to unpack to the root, that is c:. I'm assuming it is supposed to be in the already provided safari folder, otherwise I will have lots of files laying about, so: I unpacked to c:, ending up with a c:\safari folder. I set it to 95 compatible mode, 256/640x480 (using xp sp2). Now it cant open c:\safaridata[no, it's not a typo!]\hqglobe.mov

There's no safaridata folder, only a data folder with a hqglobe quicktime file in it.

Please don't tell me I have to unpack it outside "all folders". That would really mess up my tidy c-drive.

EDIT: Ok, I posted this in Troubleshooting instead. Someone please remove this post.
Old 28-11-2006, 11:35 AM   #16
michi
Forum hobbit

you have to unpack ALL files in the root c:\

DONT make a folder for the game. just unpack all files to c:\

after playing you can of course do everything in a different order. but to play the game all files have to be in c:\
michi is offline                         Send a private message to michi
Old 28-11-2006, 01:08 PM   #17
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I tried the game now, and it is a "cute little game" About energy points and crystals: When you complete a group, you get awarded 1 crystal per spieces within that group + 1 for the group as a whole. When I completed one of the 3-spieces group in the lower right, I got promoted, and was awarded a video camera, which can give you those hard needed energy points. It runs as long as you hold down the vidcam button, but you better not overdo it, because it will deplete your EP fast. The radar I got later is close to useless: It drains more EP than it really is worth imo. You will need a few goes, but the clues given are actually helpful (to some extent). Also, it's mentioned a hint book, but it must be one different from the one within the game.
Old 28-11-2006, 02:08 PM   #18
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
did everyone ever manage to win the game?[/b]
I did. Takes a little patience, that's all.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-12-2006, 04:47 AM   #19
Charley W

Wow, does this one ever take me back. A friend of mine used to work at OMSI, wherer this game was created. It was probably the first CD-ROM game that I played. Their kids loved this game and whenever I was over, we'd go on a "Dinosaur Safari". (The kids even had safari hats for it.) We often would play all day or into the wee hours. We did eventually win it and get all of the critters. I found the disc awhile back and made a copy and have been playing it off and on again. It has held up over the years better than a lot of games that I've played since. Thanks for remembering this one! (I never suggested it because I thought it was too obscure, being locally created.)

One way to get extra crystals is getting 'money shots'; the closer you are and the more dramatic the scene, the more you get. Video gets you more than still shots.
Charley W is offline                         Send a private message to Charley W
Old 01-12-2006, 06:56 AM   #20
Chef Boyardee
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to Chef Boyardee

Holy cow, great upload guys. I used to play this game all the time as a kid. I was thinking about it a couple days ago and couldn't for the life of me remember the name. Thanks for uploading this, this will bring back a lot of memories.
Chef Boyardee is offline                         Send a private message to Chef Boyardee