Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-11-2006, 07:15 PM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 25-11-2006, 10:46 PM   #2
Windy

WOW, whoever put this game here is my hero, i used to have this game on my old mac... it was awsome fun, however i sucked at it and always lose, hehe im not sure if i want to download... looking at it im wondering what the hell i was doing as a kid... LOL im still a kid in a sense LOL, im not even sure what the plot of the game was anymore... i know you had to take pictures to get more crystals or something.... hmmm, i think i was six or so when i played so im doing well remembering.

Did anyone else play this when they were a kid... if so were you any good at it, i think i wasted all my film in the first lvl, but i defiantly prefered Command & Conquer when we got it soon after
Windy is offline                         Send a private message to Windy
Old 26-11-2006, 07:41 AM   #3
shador
Lurker

Me! I used to play it when I was a kid. I always lost too. :tai: I'd do fairly well at first, but I'd inevitably run out of energy at some point.

I remember one of the tutorial books listed keyboard shortcuts, and it mentioned some cheats you could use if you "did something funny". I never did find out how to activate those...
shador is offline                         Send a private message to shador
Old 27-11-2006, 12:09 AM   #4
Ska8yBoyViky

Mannnnn!!!! I remember playing this game when I was like 7 years old........I really don't remember much only that u had to take pictures of dinosaurs and the videos etc.
I used to have fun playing but now Im remembering i used to suck at it ( I was 7 years old dude..don't judge me plz)
Wellllll...........If u wanna have good fun!!!!!!!! Download it...If u are patient with the game u'll have a lot of fun

Old 27-11-2006, 07:31 AM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Oh, by the way... the CD said it's also supposed to work on Macs.
Never checked that, as I don't have a Mac and neither do my friends, but if anyone of you has got one it may be worth trying.

Quote:
im not even sure what the plot of the game was anymore... i know you had to take pictures to get more crystals or something.... hmmm, i think i was six or so when i played so im doing well remembering.[/b]
You're a reporter for "National Chronographic Society", charged with preparing materials for a special issue whose subject... well, that's fairly obvious. :P

Quote:
I used to have fun playing but now Im remembering i used to suck at it ( I was 7 years old dude..don't judge me plz)[/b]
Same for me

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-11-2006, 10:09 AM   #6

nice horsemen!!!! :brain:

i didnt got it worked with the installation with win95, because the way it is is so:

dos6>win3.11>win95

but at the booting from win3.11 is there an error. now im trying it with the walkthrough in the gamesite.

oh, and thanks again for this great share!

Old 27-11-2006, 10:11 AM   #7
michi
Forum hobbit

oh, ive forgot to log in, its me, michi!

YOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO!

it worked! i only had to move everything to the c:\ root!!!! oh man, how easy!!!

and now my question is:

how do i refull my energy credits?
michi is offline                         Send a private message to michi
Old 27-11-2006, 10:40 AM   #8
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

By taking photos and returning to the base with them.
Mission photos (the specific dino you picked) and videos are worth more. Videos are worth more then photos.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #9
michi
Forum hobbit

i shot only the dino that is wanted. then i go back to the base, and the hole sucks^^ my diamond in. then i come back to the diamond room and pick the next diamond. and so on. but after some time i have almost no more energy, and the alien brings me back to the base. then i have zero energy, and now? i cant refuel it with photos because i have to go first to timetravel. so i have nothing and cant get back to to the dinos.

how do i make videos?

edit:
you have to be a higher rank. you get crystals by finishing taking photos of tribes of the dinos.

the crystals will be sold to you for energy points. but how to get energy points?
michi is offline                         Send a private message to michi
Old 27-11-2006, 01:52 PM   #10
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Load one of the pre-made savegames, ones with an X at the end of the name. These were made so that you start with 1000 Energy Credits.

Also, when you complete a particular clad of dinos, you get the exact amount of Data Crystals it contains PLUS 1. So you may want to start with those clads which have only one or two species in them. I think it is possible to finish the game without having to buy any Data Crystals.

-- Reed Richards