Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
EnderCrypt

Smile settlers 2 on android best settings?

does anyone have the best .. setting for running settlers 2 on
aDosBox (by HYSTUDIO) ,android, tablet (Asus ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T),
with keboard.. not that it matters lol

i hope im in the correct section of the forum , sorry if im not, and yes, i understand that, no matter what i really do, it will never run perfect!
EnderCrypt is offline                         Send a private message to EnderCrypt
Old 26-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Do you have mouse support with that tablet? The Settlers use a very strange left-right click. If you do not at least have a two button mouse or similar it will be quite difficult to play the game right.
Old 26-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
EnderCrypt

it has touch screen
EnderCrypt is offline                         Send a private message to EnderCrypt
Old 27-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

And can you do two buttons at once?

I know some touchscreen only support a single press at a time. If it is so it won't work.
Old 28-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
EnderCrypt

not trying to be offensive or anything.. but why are you even questioning my controls.., thres no issues there, im here to ask about a optimal settings of cycle speed and frame skip
Old 28-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #6
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Well as far as cycles go, you can raise them as much as you want before DosBox (and the game) actually start to react slow. It will be noticeable. Try setting the cycles to 20.000, and if it will be still too slow, to 30.000.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 29-01-2013, 05:04 AM   #7
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I'm questioning the controls because this game have a very strange and original way of using controls I have never found on any other games. I think it is very relevant to the subject.

About the cycles... Scatty got that right. I didn't give you an answer because there is none. Try and see.
Old 25-10-2014, 04:32 AM   #8
Jeffrey Lyons Jr
Default not true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
I'm questioning the controls because this game have a very strange and original way of using controls I have never found on any other games. I think it is very relevant to the subject.

About the cycles... Scatty got that right. I didn't give you an answer because there is none. Try and see.

I play tons and tons of RTS games for 20 years now and generally most controls aren't that different if u ask me must be something upstairs but as for cycles on any does run game in general u will want the cycleper second rate to be similar to the ones of the processors at the games were designed to run on and not necessarily the PCU processors but the video processors because that is what is eating up most of the memory on your dost box I used to run settlers 2 on a Pentium 2 233 MMX processor I have my Motorola Xoom set to 23,000 cycles per secondand the game runs awesome but this is a dual core processor that is clocked at 2.3 gigahertzso like I said it also has a lot to do with the stuff you were using cuz thats also has a Nvidia processor for its video so it tends to run any game in DOSBox pretty well I play Doom to Castle Wolfenstein settlers to settlers to editor as it runs settlers 3 through DOSBoxanything is possible if you do enough research