Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 09:44 AM   #11
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Stroggy@Apr 2 2005, 11:07 AM
I didn't really like NWN that much, it was boring.
I suggest you get the expansion packs, they supposedly have a better singleplayer game.
Not the first expansion though, that one is like the definition of boredom. The second one was ok, a bit cheesy, but nice.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 02-04-2005, 08:05 PM   #12
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

The Aurora engine is, IMO, a big improvement over the Infinity engine.
BUT
You only get one Henchman, who's controlled by AI, instead of a fully controllable party
And the main quest sucks.

BUT

Get the expansion packs, and you get two MUCH better adventures
PLUS
Go to nwvault.ign.com and download EVERYTHING with Stefan Gagne's name on it. His work > Everything
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 02-04-2005, 10:03 PM   #13
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackMageJawa@Apr 2 2005, 10:05 PM
The Aurora engine is, IMO, a big improvement over the Infinity engine.
But surely not graphics-wise? I found the 2D graphics much more beautiful that the rather sterile 3D environments of NVN, but maybe that's just me.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 02-04-2005, 10:10 PM   #14
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

It has more in common with Diablo than Baldur's Gate... I don't like it at all. Mainly hack n slash...
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 02-04-2005, 10:39 PM   #15
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

The environment graphics aren't as good, no, but the characters look better. There was never a lot of detail on the Infinity character sprites, so I think that the 3D models are a good improvement.

I mainly meant camera and the controls (you can directly control your character almost like an FPS using the WADS keys.) Plus the radial menu was, IMO, brilliant.
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 04-04-2005, 02:03 PM   #16
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

k:
The engine is sensational, the graphics awesome, the story very good.
:not_ok:
Combat system is a bit tedious.The original campaign is a little boring, but not because of the story, but due to the similar level design.The expansion campaigns make up for the original

I strongly advise you to get the platinum edition.It contains the two expansion sets + some fan made campaigns, i think
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 05-04-2005, 12:28 AM   #17
Jim6
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via AIM to Jim6 Send a message via Yahoo to Jim6

Definitely worth getting, as is the Second Expansion pack.

I can't stress the quality of the fan-made packs. Certainly the "Eternum" and "Shadowlords-Dreamcatcher" mods are far better than the game campaign.

Also, the entire first chapter is really tedious - bear with it; it gets better!

Multiplayer can work really well if you find the right server.
Jim6 is offline                         Send a private message to Jim6
Old 05-04-2005, 05:00 AM   #18
irrelevantjet
Abandonia nerd

i loved Neverwinter Nights because of the map editing, you could make your own huge story and game using the highly adaptable engine k:
irrelevantjet is offline                         Send a private message to irrelevantjet
Old 05-04-2005, 05:40 AM   #19
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

i remember i bought the game and i think it is too confusing and i would be better off having thrown my hard earned money out of the window :not_ok:

NWN is in my honest opinion a piece of confusing muck and not recommended buying. :not_ok:

And i was stuck in the game very very early and a female friend i know she loves the game but opinions are different.

WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 05-04-2005, 05:43 AM   #20
irrelevantjet
Abandonia nerd

hating a game because you're stuck on it is no doubt because of your anger towards the situation

i'm sure if you didn't get stuck and played the game in its entirety you'd have a different opinion :angel:
irrelevantjet is offline                         Send a private message to irrelevantjet
Closed Thread