Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Search Forums:
Click here to use Advanced Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #21
kalron
Newbie
 
kalron's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ,
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullkan6 View Post
I found the ISO cellar page, but I'm not sure which one to download. Which one should I use?
Until then I will keep playing on my N64 emulated version.
You have to download all the files on the page the link takes you to. However, as _r.u.s.s mentioned, use jdownloader to get all the files at once...it will be a LOT quicker that way!
__________________
kalron is offline                         Send a private message to kalron
Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #22
eclipsespilce
Newbie

 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 11
Default Another Fantastic Game from Acclaim

While I really love the classic games available here, it's fantastic when newer games, especially ones as great as Shadow Man show up. I'm not downloading this version, because I own the disc, but I'm excited for all that get to play this game for the first time. Excellent atmosphere, music and great story are what's in store for you. I play mouse + Keyboard, but controller fans can get in on this one. Even though the graphics may be blocky for some (nobody around here, I'm sure), the sounds and gameplay make this title rise above. Not sure what is missing from the Rip, but play it anyway. If you get the hunger for more, do a little looking, d/l the ISO, or check yer local resale shop. You just may find a copy. Acclaim is a major distributor, so there are plenty of copies available. I really like Acclaim games, and you should at least try some of the titles available here to see for yourself. For example: Turok is a lot of fun (for being about 13 years old), and Re-Volt is spectacular! Please, PLEASE, check out Re-Volt, which is HANDS-DOWN the best RC Car game I've ever played.

Thanks again, guys, for putting this up!
eclipsespilce is offline                         Send a private message to eclipsespilce
Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #23
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic
 
_r.u.s.s.'s Avatar


 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nitra, Slovakia
Posts: 6,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsespilce View Post
While I really love the classic games available here, it's fantastic when newer games, especially ones as great as Shadow Man show up. I'm not downloading this version, because I own the disc, but I'm excited for all that get to play this game for the first time. Excellent atmosphere, music and great story are what's in store for you. I play mouse + Keyboard, but controller fans can get in on this one. Even though the graphics may be blocky for some (nobody around here, I'm sure), the sounds and gameplay make this title rise above. Not sure what is missing from the Rip, but play it anyway. If you get the hunger for more, do a little looking, d/l the ISO, or check yer local resale shop. You just may find a copy. Acclaim is a major distributor, so there are plenty of copies available. I really like Acclaim games, and you should at least try some of the titles available here to see for yourself. For example: Turok is a lot of fun (for being about 13 years old), and Re-Volt is spectacular! Please, PLEASE, check out Re-Volt, which is HANDS-DOWN the best RC Car game I've ever played.

Thanks again, guys, for putting this up!
yeah, acclaim has great games
actually re-volt is one of the most downloaded games on abandonia

by the way, we are still waiting for the scans =P
__________________
_r.u.s.s. is offline                         Send a private message to _r.u.s.s.
Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 12:39 AM   #24
kalron
Newbie
 
kalron's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ,
Posts: 10
Default

Everything seems to be working fine with the ISO so far...however, the only glitch I have is that I cannot hear gunshots???

I have all other sound effects, and there is even an effect for what I destroy with the gun, just no gunshot.

Any ideas or similar problems?
__________________
kalron is offline                         Send a private message to kalron
Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #25
Weavaloid
Newbie
 
Weavaloid's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Baarland, Netherlands
Posts: 10
Send a message via MSN to Weavaloid
Default

When I set the controlls in at the start at the game, I can't save & quit it, not even the cancell button doesn't work.
I'm using Windows 7 and I don't know if it got any effect on that.
Can someone help me with this problem?
Thanks
Weavaloid is offline                         Send a private message to Weavaloid
Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #26
Unregistered11111
Guest
Question Where is the music?

Downloaded and was able to figure out how to adjust the resolution. Plays good and looks great but I have no music files. Are they included or absent from this verision?
                       
Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #27
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic
 
_r.u.s.s.'s Avatar


 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nitra, Slovakia
Posts: 6,533
Default

you mean this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by review
Once you unzip the game, run UNPACK.BAT in order to unpack the sound files, and the game will work.
__________________
_r.u.s.s. is offline                         Send a private message to _r.u.s.s.
Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 01:51 AM   #28
eclipsespilce
Newbie

 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
yeah, acclaim has great games
actually re-volt is one of the most downloaded games on abandonia

by the way, we are still waiting for the scans =P
Holy crap, I'm such an ASS! Yep, I'll upload those as soon as I finish scanning the map (I have to use the scanner at work, 'cause that sucker is too big for mine at home.

Dang...Looks like I gotta whip myself again tonight (where's that cat 'o nine tails?)
eclipsespilce is offline                         Send a private message to eclipsespilce
Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 03:19 AM   #29
Unregistered1
Guest
Default Voice and sound sfx good, just no music

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
you mean this?
The sound effects and voices are just fine.

It's there is no music folder at all once I unpacked it.
                       
Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #30
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic
 
_r.u.s.s.'s Avatar


 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nitra, Slovakia
Posts: 6,533
Default

i see, downloaded the game and yes, we have a rip. the whole game is too big to put on site. however, there's a full cd version in the iso cellar, but only registered members have access. here's link to the full game image thread once you're registered http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=21194

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsespilce View Post
Holy crap, I'm such an ASS! Yep, I'll upload those as soon as I finish scanning the map (I have to use the scanner at work, 'cause that sucker is too big for mine at home.

Dang...Looks like I gotta whip myself again tonight (where's that cat 'o nine tails?)
no problem (: pm me when you have time and i'll help you upload them
__________________

Last edited by _r.u.s.s.; 29-10-2010 at 11:16 PM.
_r.u.s.s. is offline                         Send a private message to _r.u.s.s.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shadow Run [NON-PC] ValourVII Invalid Requests 2 27-02-2010 10:22 AM
Shadow Man sjdswanlund On site 7 24-12-2009 06:22 PM
Shadow of the Beast 3 - Out of the Shadow [NON-PC] Ash Lambert Invalid Requests 3 03-02-2009 11:41 AM
Shadow Of The Comet Pidgeon Troubleshooting 0 07-10-2006 12:08 AM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump
 


The current time is 05:54 AM (GMT)

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.