Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-06-2013, 01:42 AM   #1
Sesquipedalian

Default Crickety Manor

This thread is sort of a spin-off of my previous thread. In the course of discussion, Bobsson pointed out "Dark Tower", an 80s game from Microzine that fit what I was looking for pretty closely. So, major kudos to him.

However, in my searches with his new information, I kept seeing "Crickety Manor" mentioned. A lot of people remembered playing it, but nobody could provide a screenshot, a disk image, or any further description. (And amusingly, a lot of the pages only mentioned Crickety Manor to say that they couldn't find any information on it.) So I was wondering if anyone here would be able to furnish more information.
Sesquipedalian is offline                         Send a private message to Sesquipedalian
Old 01-11-2015, 07:42 AM   #2
Clownrazer
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesquipedalian View Post
This thread is sort of a spin-off of my previous thread. In the course of discussion, Bobsson pointed out "Dark Tower", an 80s game from Microzine that fit what I was looking for pretty closely. So, major kudos to him.

However, in my searches with his new information, I kept seeing "Crickety Manor" mentioned. A lot of people remembered playing it, but nobody could provide a screenshot, a disk image, or any further description. (And amusingly, a lot of the pages only mentioned Crickety Manor to say that they couldn't find any information on it.) So I was wondering if anyone here would be able to furnish more information.
The game is a microzine Jr. Game and was in issue 2, disk 2, side a. It's a relatively simple adventure game where you walk through the Manor picking up objects, give or use the objects to satisfy objectives and ultimately find the ghost in distress in the attic. Replay value introduced by changing the required password to access the attic based on which ghost was seen in the last playthrough. You enter the name of the last ghost at the beginning - so remember that if you're going to play.

I've "beaten" it four times and met Dot, Clive, Rose and Clarence .

Playing on the KEGS emulator on Android.

Microzine disk image available here (note - standard and Jr, they're different) ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/apple...nal/microzine/
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2015-10-30-17-54-07.png (48.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_2015-10-30-13-35-26.png (71.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_2015-11-01-04-12-29.png (24.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_2015-11-01-04-21-38.png (24.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Clownrazer; 01-11-2015 at 08:28 AM.
Clownrazer is offline                         Send a private message to Clownrazer