Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-12-2010, 12:49 AM   #41
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

or you can try digging in the hex editor, but i'd guess it'd be a pretty tough thing to track down

but hey, alumiun is active, you can contact him
Old 11-12-2010, 01:24 AM   #42
Unregistered Person
Default Valve Puzzle Solution

For those still looking for a solution to the valve puzzle in level 7 (the one with the docked shuttle/spaceship) - by going through every possible combination I have been able to come up with the correct positions for each valve. And since this site was the one which introduced me to this great game, I thought I might as well share the information to spare people the work of having to go through the combinations themselves:

x 1888 / y 5594 (the first valve you will encounter when coming from the entrance to the bronze area) = arrow in the UPPER LEFT

x 1442 / y 5669 (second one) = arrow in the LOWER RIGHT

x 1242 / y 5407 (last one) = arrow STRAIGHT DOWN

If you did everything right, the monitor at x 2274 / y 6042 should show the message "ATMOSPHERE PROCESSING" in bright blinking letters. This should unlock the doors at x 3516 / y 8031 and x 3237 / y 6485.

Old 13-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #43
Unumoctium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered Person View Post
For those still looking for a solution to the valve puzzle in level 7 (the one with the docked shuttle/spaceship) - by going through every possible combination I have been able to come up with the correct positions for each valve. And since this site was the one which introduced me to this great game, I thought I might as well share the information to spare people the work of having to go through the combinations themselves:

x 1888 / y 5594 (the first valve you will encounter when coming from the entrance to the bronze area) = arrow in the UPPER LEFT

x 1442 / y 5669 (second one) = arrow in the LOWER RIGHT

x 1242 / y 5407 (last one) = arrow STRAIGHT DOWN

If you did everything right, the monitor at x 2274 / y 6042 should show the message "ATMOSPHERE PROCESSING" in bright blinking letters. This should unlock the doors at x 3516 / y 8031 and x 3237 / y 6485.
It works. Thanks a lot, unregistered. Now i can proceed with the game.
Unumoctium is offline                         Send a private message to Unumoctium
Old 16-01-2011, 07:18 AM   #44
ArodIX

Played about 15 minutes and so far it's excellent.
ArodIX is offline                         Send a private message to ArodIX
Old 09-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #45
ratpizza

Default Ice-planet

This is a plea for help! I'm having huge problems surviving on the ice-planet. (the one you end up on right after having destroyed the satelite-dish by cutting the power-cables) The cold drains away both my energy and life without mercy and on top of that there's dozens of enemies to fight. I just can't seem to find a sanctuary anywhere where I can recover my strength. Does anyone know of some useful tricks?
ratpizza is offline                         Send a private message to ratpizza
Old 09-07-2011, 10:53 PM   #46
ratpizza

Default Ice-planet

I could really use some help. I'm having huge problems surviving on the ice-planet (where you are supposed to destroy some transmitter-station with seismic devices) The cold drains away both health and energy very quick and there is dozens of enemies which would be tough even in a more friendly eviroment. I have found the seismic pack but I simply don't know where to go or what do to be able to get somewhere without dying. Could someone please give me some advice?

(Sorry for this double post. I thought the previoius reply one hadn't been added. My mistake.)

Last edited by ratpizza; 10-07-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #47
ratpizza

I did it! I finally found that damn coom-station and after having cleaned out the mutants inside it I now have that much needed sanctuary where I am safe to recover my strength. However, troubles are far from over it seems. My contact on the mother-ship informs me that i need to find 4 additional seismic gizmos in order to complete this mission. Man, this game is tough! But also very fun.
Old 23-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #48
Denseling
Lurker

Default This once on a blue moon

Hi all,

Thanks for bringing this gem available here as well as a whole plethora of others. You're doing such a great job with all the enjoyable reviews and extras as well.

I'm currently living through severe WoE related woes similar to ones Ratpizza has reported here not so long ago. The icy environment of the fifth level has proven quite a showstopper for me so far. I'm playing on Difficult and it seems I'm in for quite a lesson on the definition of 'difficult'.

I have of course already scouted the level pretty thoroughly by now using the cheat codes and have figured out the route I think I should be running to acquire all the seismic devices as energy efficiently as I can, properly noting the energy packs and such. Using codes for the god mode or frequent recharges would naturally be the easy ticket to level 6 and the rest of this beautiful life.

The level design in this game, however, so impresses me that I still catch myself trying to do the damn Winterreise all without the cheats. Just to see if all those energy packs really add up even on Difficult. A true Finn should know his way with these things - ice, moons and aliens...

With all those enemies concentrated around the devices I don't feel I can pull this off like my forefathers would. Even if I get to replenish my energy and shields just before a major fight I can't avoid the situation where I'm going against a pack of Mentors with a dysfunctional arsenal. Like running in guns blazing except for that 'blazing' part. And there most certainly is not time or place for repairs out there other than the station far in the south-eastern corner. Or, is there? I think I should try to collect the first three devices in the north-east and north-west regions before dashing to the station and then go after the last two approachable from south. Guided missiles make short work of Ice droids and Subjucators but fighting Mentors with unguided rockets is more time consuming. Maneuvering past them in confined and slippery spaces seems an impossible feat as even a single hit taken in those conditions will easily prove lethal later if not sooner.

The Power saving mode doesn't really seem to make that much of a difference, does it? I kinda think the designers meant it to be a major part of the solution here though. Has someone noticed some other factors affecting the rate of energy consumption or shield and component deterioration? Other than the adverse effect of basking in incoming enemy fire?

It would be nice if someone would share some advice regarding this level - or any other for that matter. And hopefully Ratpizza gets back here soon with a success story too.

Thanks for any hints in advance!

And sorry for my lenghty and inconcise ramblings, it's been a long and inconcise night...
Denseling is offline                         Send a private message to Denseling
Old 25-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #49
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Download removed per request from the original publisher.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 31-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #50
ratpizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denseling View Post
Hi all,

Thanks for bringing this gem available here as well as a whole plethora of others. You're doing such a great job with all the enjoyable reviews and extras as well.

I'm currently living through severe WoE related woes similar to ones Ratpizza has reported here not so long ago. The icy environment of the fifth level has proven quite a showstopper for me so far. I'm playing on Difficult and it seems I'm in for quite a lesson on the definition of 'difficult'.

I have of course already scouted the level pretty thoroughly by now using the cheat codes and have figured out the route I think I should be running to acquire all the seismic devices as energy efficiently as I can, properly noting the energy packs and such. Using codes for the god mode or frequent recharges would naturally be the easy ticket to level 6 and the rest of this beautiful life.

The level design in this game, however, so impresses me that I still catch myself trying to do the damn Winterreise all without the cheats. Just to see if all those energy packs really add up even on Difficult. A true Finn should know his way with these things - ice, moons and aliens...

With all those enemies concentrated around the devices I don't feel I can pull this off like my forefathers would. Even if I get to replenish my energy and shields just before a major fight I can't avoid the situation where I'm going against a pack of Mentors with a dysfunctional arsenal. Like running in guns blazing except for that 'blazing' part. And there most certainly is not time or place for repairs out there other than the station far in the south-eastern corner. Or, is there? I think I should try to collect the first three devices in the north-east and north-west regions before dashing to the station and then go after the last two approachable from south. Guided missiles make short work of Ice droids and Subjucators but fighting Mentors with unguided rockets is more time consuming. Maneuvering past them in confined and slippery spaces seems an impossible feat as even a single hit taken in those conditions will easily prove lethal later if not sooner.

The Power saving mode doesn't really seem to make that much of a difference, does it? I kinda think the designers meant it to be a major part of the solution here though. Has someone noticed some other factors affecting the rate of energy consumption or shield and component deterioration? Other than the adverse effect of basking in incoming enemy fire?

It would be nice if someone would share some advice regarding this level - or any other for that matter. And hopefully Ratpizza gets back here soon with a success story too.

Thanks for any hints in advance!

And sorry for my lenghty and inconcise ramblings, it's been a long and inconcise night...

You too, huh? Well, I must admit I had to use god-mode in order to get all seismic packs. By the way, I recently finished WOE after a couple of weeks intense playing. What a game! It's such a shame it was virtually unheard of!