Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-10-2005, 08:23 AM   #121
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by FiberWire@Oct 19 2005, 12:57 AM
What's the best way to get max taxes and happy peons, i mean population,,,,taxes should be around .,.i must say this is just the begginig of the game,.
30% or more for missions you can complete with ease and without losing too much money on ammo. Like for most of Western Europe, you could let taxes skyrocket if you want.

Most countries will feel comfortable (happy or very happy) with taxes of 25-30%

For some of the hardest countries I even dropped to 12-15% when I noticed the population growing less happy. You really want to avoid revolts there...

Of course there's always the "bug" that time passes by when you're looking at the research screen and similar screens, so if you wait a while, cash simply flows in (as long as your research costs don't exceed or equal your tax income). I never used that one, but it would certainly come in handy early in the game.
Old 19-10-2005, 09:46 AM   #122
Gamefreak

Quote:
Originally posted by another_guest@Oct 19 2005, 08:23 AM
Of course there's always the "bug" that time passes by when you're looking at the research screen and similar screens, so if you wait a while, cash simply flows in (as long as your research costs don't exceed or equal your tax income)
As far as I know that's not a bug but a feature of the game

Old 19-10-2005, 01:48 PM   #123
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

That's why I used quotation marks
I meant it's a little strange that you just have to leave your pc on that screen for a couple of hours, and all your money problems will be history, which is more than a little weird...

As for the Peru mission: I always posted 1 or 2 agents with gauss guns at the bunker exit (where the car makes its escape, below the platform where your agents are dropped at the beginning of the mission). Then I used another agent to get to the other side of the bunker (using a stolen car or the car in the top left corner of the screen). When the latter agent comes close, your target will run off. At that point, just give the other agent/agents a boost in their drug levels so they'll blast away the escaping vehicle as soon as it leaves the bunker.
But ok Blue_Bags, your way is even a lot faster k:
Old 19-10-2005, 08:13 PM   #124
Blue_bags

Send a message via AIM to Blue_bags Send a message via MSN to Blue_bags Send a message via Yahoo to Blue_bags

Taxes u should just make em very happy....cuz the more u dominate the more money u eventually have, and revolts suck cuz u gotta play the whole thing over again.....things really don't start getting hard until u reach north and south america.....besides the only things u really need for maybe first 20 missions is the minigun upgrade, and modded agents all level 3.......oh yeah LASERS are the best weapon in the game....but minigun u get more ammo.
of course yeah u could just let the game run overnight to make things easier...but that way is so boring......neone know of ne other good games to get for free....dune 2 sucks
Blue_bags is offline                         Send a private message to Blue_bags
Old 19-10-2005, 08:19 PM   #125
FiberWire
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue_bags@Oct 19 2005, 08:13 PM
...dune 2 sucks
Thats sooooo untrue, but thats
FiberWire is offline                         Send a private message to FiberWire
Old 04-01-2006, 04:56 PM   #126
Judukan-Empire

For the missions when countries rebel i always thought it would be better to have a "hunt down rebels" mission that was randomly generated - like missions in UFO. It makes no sense to pacify a nation by <pursuading> a scientist !

Aside from that Syndicate was by first true love on the Amiga... dammit i might just start a new game !
Judukan-Empire is offline                         Send a private message to Judukan-Empire
Old 06-01-2006, 11:19 AM   #127
jimrayor
Lurker

i can't seem to find the download link for the game on the site. But seems like people have been posting on this thread that they have 'found it'. Has the link been removed since then?
jimrayor is offline                         Send a private message to jimrayor
Old 06-01-2006, 12:30 PM   #128
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Yes. That is why the download link says "No go"
Old 17-02-2006, 01:45 PM   #129
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Tom,
there is a link for walkthrough for this game, but that document is not really walkthrough. It is some sort of game instructions, but not the one supplied with the game.

Can we rename that file to what really represent?
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 23-02-2006, 09:09 AM   #130

oh, it reads "no go" :) i thought it said "no. 90!"