Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-04-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
LingonKungen
Forum hobbit

well i am back and checking games on abandonia again, It whas quite a long time since i did that, mainly cause im sitting on a 450 Mgz Pensium II that has win XP. dunno if it´s bacause of that but my DosBox is lagging
so i can´t play as many games as i wanna. also cause im not much of a forum kinda guy so i stoped posting in the forum..

But anyways... there are quite a lot new games since i last checked. and no way to see the games in any other way then after spelling. so i thought you might make a more advanced list option with publishing year and size and all that that ppl can use to find games easier..

all games that are of the news list is fallen away in to the "swamp" so to speak...

Just a friendly tip or a anying post. U make the call! later all!
LingonKungen is offline                         Send a private message to LingonKungen
Old 26-04-2007, 01:51 PM   #2
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

It would be nice to be able to sort them by date added or to have an option to display the newest 25 or something to that effect.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 26-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #3
Japo
Autonomous human

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LingonKungen @ Apr 26 2007, 03:46 PM) [snapback]288511[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
well i am back and checking games on abandonia again, It whas quite a long time since i did that, mainly cause im sitting on a 450 Mgz Pensium II that has win XP. dunno if it´s bacause of that but my DosBox is lagging [/b]
This is off topic but since you mentioned it a good option for your case would be installing DOS in a partition, it works wonderfully in my old 450MHz Pentium III.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:57 AM   #4
LingonKungen
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Japofran @ Apr 26 2007, 02:41 PM) [snapback]288519[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
This is off topic but since you mentioned it a good option for your case would be installing DOS in a partition, it works wonderfully in my old 450MHz Pentium III.
[/b]
I don´t have space to spare... it´s not like i sit and play much on this comp anymore... but if it comes to that then i will make a partition.

well thx for the off topic tip!
LingonKungen is offline                         Send a private message to LingonKungen
Old 10-05-2007, 09:37 AM   #5
melthas
Abandonia nerd

I think there should be an option for sorting games based on user ratings, this would be the most useful I guss.
Another options could be date added or size.
By the way, wouldn't it be nice to make a new category just as TopDogs in HOTU?
melthas is offline                         Send a private message to melthas
Old 10-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #6
Japo
Autonomous human

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(melthas @ May 10 2007, 11:37 AM) [snapback]289795[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I think there should be an option for sorting games based on user ratings, this would be the most useful I guss.[/b]
Check the "Most popular" category, or sort a listing by popularity, or downloads or hits. There's a drop-down menu at the right top of the listings to sort them.

Quote:
By the way, wouldn't it be nice to make a new category just as TopDogs in HOTU?[/b]
Some of the games feature medals like these around their titles.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:24 PM   #7
melthas
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Japofran @ May 10 2007, 10:24 PM) [snapback]289860[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(melthas @ May 10 2007, 11:37 AM) [snapback]289795[/snapback]
Quote:
I think there should be an option for sorting games based on user ratings, this would be the most useful I guss.[/b]
Check the "Most popular" category, or sort a listing by popularity, or downloads or hits. There's a drop-down menu at the right top of the listings to sort them.

Quote:
By the way, wouldn't it be nice to make a new category just as TopDogs in HOTU?[/b]
Some of the games feature medals like these around their titles.
[/b][/quote]

I know drop-down menus like most popular, popularity, etc. but it doesn't sort them exactly according to the user rating. I suggested it to be sorted exactly based on user ratings from 5.0 to less.

I also know means just as top dogs. What I wanted to suggest was opening a new genre such as "Top Dogs" in HOTU so people could reach the best games directly.
I suggest these two to help people reach better games easier.
melthas is offline                         Send a private message to melthas
Old 26-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #8
bobson
Game is over

Thumbs up

When games gain ? Is there a commision (dissidents?) that give or take medals? What requirements are for a medal?

Is it possible to list all games with ?
Old 13-06-2007, 03:32 AM   #9
DeAdLy_cOoKiE
Forum hobbit

I have a few suggestions.

I would like to see a 'view votings' feature (similar to lemon amiga's voting system maybe). A nice overview of all games you voted on. And a 'next' 'back' option while browsing through games. And maybe an option to have the search results posted side by side apart from the single row mode.
________
BMW K1200RS

Last edited by DeAdLy_cOoKiE; 01-02-2011 at 11:44 PM.
DeAdLy_cOoKiE is offline                         Send a private message to DeAdLy_cOoKiE
Old 13-06-2007, 06:41 AM   #10
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well you have some categories... Apart from browsing the genres (which are almost never 100%) you can browse through ALL GAMES which can be sorted by Alphabet, Downloads (most - least downloaded), Hits (how many searches there were for a game), Popularity (a combination of rating, downloads, hits, editor's rating), Year (of production) and Availability (downloadable or not).

You can also go through the NEWS ARCHIVE and see when a game was added. This way you can get the latest (or oldest, or anything in between) additions to the site.

Still, the discription I just gave you will probably be quite obsolete soon, as the site is in the process of changing and many improvements are said to be added. Among them should be (it was talked about for a long time) the option to select reviews by the same reviewer, games by the same publisher/developer...

Those little stars next to the games (there was also a suggestion of toilet seats next to other games) should indicate which games are considered to be classics and which are crap (and all the rest is in between). The sole criterium for that (at least it was way back when) is Kosta's (owner's) personal opinion. Don't know if any of the latter additions got that mark as only a few were given it shortly after the initial distribution of these stars was made. And there are no rap marks yet.

Hope that explains a little bit.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos